Thought I would give this another go today.

Mostly leather and dirt. I didn’t notice the tobacco that I did previously.
I’m just not sure I’m going to be able to develop an appreciation for pu’erh teas.

ashmanra

I find I love shu best when it has cooled a lot.

Random

For me the flavor is too strong as it gets colder. I’m not going to stop trying yet, but I just don’t feel confident that I’ll be able to develop a taste for it.

But then, 15 years ago, I would have sworn up and down that others things I now enjoy were amazingly gross. So who knows. :)

ashmanra

You might enjoy it more with super short steeps at first! That’s part of the fun, playing with parameters until we find our favorite way. But also, there is no pressure to like everything! And that’s nice, too.

ashmanra

Oh, I adore cold steeped shu. Just pop a little in a carafe with cold water, even some that you have already steeped once, and let it sit maybe a few hours to overnight. It tastes so fresh and clean. Just maybe another way to try it!

Comments

ashmanra

I find I love shu best when it has cooled a lot.

Random

61-75 – If I’m in the right mood
46-60 – If it’s what is available
31-45 – Will finish out of guilt
0-30 – Gave or threw away

All reviews are purely subjective based upon my personal preferences alone.

Seattle Area