Lavender Honey Matcha

Matcha Tea
Floral, Grass, Lavender, Seaweed, Sweet, Umami, Vegetal, Artificial, Bitter, Honey, Perfume, Sugar
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
155 °F / 68 °C 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Steepster Freeze 2021 #1: 01/11/21 I used to have a lavender matcha I really loved, from 3Leaf, which I sipped down last year; not that I was in any hurry to see it go, but matcha isn’t something...” Read full tasting note
  • “DavidsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar 2020 – Day 16 ANOTHER major backlog incoming…this past week at work was nuts, so did not get a chance to log my teas. Now I am off for 2 weeks, so going to catch up...” Read full tasting note
  • “DAVIDsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 16 Weird that DAVIDsTEA put their two honey matchas right after each other but it makes for a great opportunity to compare them. I wasn’t excited about this...” Read full tasting note
  • “DAVIDsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 16 Ohhh boy… I am almost guaranteed not to like this one. And the dry scent is quite sweet-perfumey, so that doesn’t bode well. I will say, I’m not sure I...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

How it tastes
Bright floral and herbaceous lavender balanced by sweet creamed honey notes

An off-duty essential with a twist. Give yourself a relaxing treat & opt for a delectable floral green tea powder with sweet creamed honey & soothing lavender. Its subtle base of finely ground matcha contains L-theanine – a unique amino acid said to help calm the mind. Try it with a splash of milk for a fragrant & creamy iced matcha latte.

Cane sugar, Matcha green tea, Natural (honey, lavender) flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Steepster Freeze 2021 #1: 01/11/21

I used to have a lavender matcha I really loved, from 3Leaf, which I sipped down last year; not that I was in any hurry to see it go, but matcha isn’t something that ages very gracefully and it was starting to get quite old so I figured I should drink it while it was still tasty. I’ve never seen them have one again since. I’m a lavender fiend, but I know floral flavors are (like most of the things I love!) not widely favored flavors, so I wasn’t too surprised… then when DAVIDsTEA released one last summer I had to grab a bag. I am a bit scared that, too, will never reappear, but at least I have 2 oz. of lavender matcha in my stash again…

I made this breakfast smoothie using the full advent packet, just to clear it out of my stash since I already had the larger bag. And I think this is my favorite one yet! Like the Blueberry Matcha yesterday, I went with the higher amount (a tablespoon to a cup of plain oat milk, whisked cold in the blender) and got a lovely lavender flavor with a bit of sweet florality, but it was, surprisingly, not nearly as overkill on the sweetness (at least to me) as the fruity flavors, despite boasting a “honey” flavor. I could taste the matcha underneath even better than the Blueberry Matcha yesterday, and I just find that the particular floral note of lavender pairs so well with that fresh, umami/grassy vegetal taste.

I like my lavender matcha smoothies paired with berries, so I tossed the latte in with a cup of frozen mixed berries (raspberry, blueberry, blackberry) and a bit of yogurt for creaminess (Cause you know how I feel about bananas… only person on the planet that makes smoothies sans nanner? Perhaps…) Very good! Sometimes I brew up straight lavender tea cold brew to add to really oomph up the lavender flavor, but I didn’t have any on hand this time, and the matcha held the flavor on its own quite well!

Glad I have more of this for now!

Flavors: Floral, Grass, Lavender, Seaweed, Sweet, Umami, Vegetal

Iced 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

Aw, that sucks that 3 Leaf doesn’t have the lavender one anymore… It’s also weird that they don’t have orange or strawberry.

Mastress Alita

At the time I ordered the Lavender Matcha, 3Leaf used to have all these amazing flavored cocoas too! (I got a Maple Cocoa for my friend Todd). Now, they don’t have any of the cocoas. Their selection has really been gutted…

Izzy

This sounds amazing!

DavidsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar 2020 – Day 16

ANOTHER major backlog incoming…this past week at work was nuts, so did not get a chance to log my teas. Now I am off for 2 weeks, so going to catch up until today! Yay!

So this matcha – I had it back on Dec. 16, and I was excited to see it! The Wild Honey matcha the day before did not do much for me, but one whiff of this and I was sold. I love lavender teas, so calming, and the idea of a lavender, caffeine filled tea made me intrigued. And boy was it good!! I would LOVE to order more of this one, but looks like that may be tough! Very well balanced, the honey was way more natural and the lavender perfect. I did not want to finish my cup I wanted to savor it forever!! So good!

Prepared the usual way – 175 degree water, whisk, top up with hot water, enjoy. YUM!

Courtney

Yay for being off for two weeks!

mrs.stenhouse12

@Courtney – I am so ready for it! Sleep is very much in order :)

mrmopar

Enjoy the break.

DAVIDsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 16

Weird that DAVIDsTEA put their two honey matchas right after each other but it makes for a great opportunity to compare them. I wasn’t excited about this because lavender. I made it as an iced latte and was surprised that I actually enjoyed it. I would say this has more honey flavor than the sample did yesterday (probably because yesterday’s matcha tasted like marshmallows). It does has lavender but that’s a secondary flavor after the matcha. It’s also a soft lavender which is not at all perfume-y or soap-like. Also, no matcha flavor, which for me is a plus.

DAVIDsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 16

Ohhh boy… I am almost guaranteed not to like this one. And the dry scent is quite sweet-perfumey, so that doesn’t bode well. I will say, I’m not sure I understand the person who decided the ordering of the teas in this calendar. Why would you put two such similar flavors next to each other? I would think more contrast between days would increase the likelihood for enjoyment. No?

Anyway, prepared this hot with 8 ounces of water and 4 ounces of milk. I did taste it before the milk, and promptly made a face and went ahead with adding it.

Blegh, I am not a fan. It’s very sweet and very floral. I do get lavender, but also some other floral notes, and they taste very perfumey to me. The bitterness of the matcha is probably making this worse, but it has an almost chemical floral flavor. I do feel like I taste more honey than yesterday.

The combination of sweet + heady floral + bitter is really just bringing out the worst perfumey flavor for me. Nope, nope, nope!

On to happier things, also known as jam! Today it’s Raspberry-Lychee Spread, which I could not have been more excited to see. I think if you told me this was plain raspberry jam, I would absolutely believe you. I can taste a bit of lychee if I really think about it, but it’s definitely very much in the background. Either that or raspberry and lychee just blend so well that I can’t taste them separately anymore… XD

ETA: I think I’m tasting the lychee more and more as I eat this, yum! And I tried the matcha after the jam to cut the sweetness, better but still like drinking perfume…

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3UsUyAU_Z/)

Flavors: Artificial, Bitter, Floral, Honey, Lavender, Perfume, Sugar, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Courtney

Chemical floral, oh wow. It makes me think of being in a chem lab and something going wrong haha!

Cameron B.

Could just be me, hence the non-rating. :P

I decided I needed to try this after I saw a YouTube video featuring it, and DavidsTea had a free shipping offer…

I mixed 1/2 tsp of this and 1/2 tsp of the matcha Matsu I have in the cupboard. That means it’s not too sweet. Normally I really dislike the flavoured matchas as they have so much sugar, but 1/2 tsp in a latte is super good.

It’s definitely honey flavour, not real honey. And I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s lavender, but it’s floral.

I really like it diluted like this. I bet it would also be great in a lemonade.

I also got the silicon straws as I have the mini and large favourite mugs and they don’t have replacement plastic straws… They’re so long! Way too long for the mini mug and my regular glasses. I need to see if I can just cut them, or if I need to idk, melt them or something to seal the ends.

I love lavender flavored things, but they can often err on the side of perfume city. This one walks the line pretty carefully, but is nicely balanced by the honey flavor. It was very nice as an iced latte!

L is for… Lavender Honey Matcha!

My L day timed out with Matcha Monday, so I decided to brew an L themed matcha for the day – I actually had a couple options for matchas that could work but I wanted to do multiple lavender teas from my options and this was one of the few that was caffeinated so that’s why I chose it!

Between this and Wild Honey Matcha, I like Wild Honey more – however I think the lavender is really beautiful here. Floral matchas, in my experience, can be pretty touch and go because if you make them too intense than they’re either incredibly drying/astrignent or they taste very chemical perfume-y. I find this sweet and fresh, and I like how it works with the honey a lot. It’s super good with milk, but I stuck with hot and straight because I’d had a few other teas with milk for the day. It was relaxing and sippable, but I still appreciate the little energy lift from the matcha.

Photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNk1pSbAyr9/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JzxoB84U1E&ab_channel=ZackVillere-Topic

Kittenna

I want this to come back!

Mastress Alita

I second that! (If I raise my other arm does that count as a third?)