Forever Frosty

Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by amandastory516

• “I’m pretty sure this is the tea I’m drinking. It tastes very much like forever nuts but with a hint of sweetness from the marshmallows. I didn’t have any almonds or oranges in my sample, so I’m not...” Read full tasting note
  • “ Day 2 of my DIY 24 Days of DAVIDsTea! This blend is Forever Nuts’ more festive cousin, and I honestly think I prefer it more. Although sweeter, with a bit more ‘spice’, I am a big fan of the...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is actually the third time I’ve tried to write a review for this tea over the past few months. My feelings change with each cup of it, so I’ve had a difficult time figuring out what to say....” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks so much for the swap, AJRimmer!  I wanted a cinnamon tea, and just guessed that this had cinnamon and I was right. I figured snow yesterday in April is a goodatime as any to try this one. ...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Nuts about the holidays. Inspired by the crave-worthy flavours of our bestselling Forever Nuts tea, this merry caffeine-free fruit infusion blends orange slices, cloves, marshmallows and snowy sugar-dusted almonds for a festive twist. Try this sweet and nutty pink-steeping tea with a splash of milk for the perfect holiday latte.

Apple, Candied almonds (almonds, sugar), Almonds, Orange slices, Marshmallows (glucose and fructose syrup, sugar, water, carrageenan, dextrose, corn starch, hydrolyzed rice protein, sodium hexametaphosphate, natural flavour, beet powder, titanium dioxide), Cinnamon, Artificial sweet roasted almond and natural orange flavouring, Beetroot, Coconut flakes, Orange peel, Cloves.

Roasted sweet almond with a touch of juicy orange and warming spice.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m pretty sure this is the tea I’m drinking. It tastes very much like forever nuts but with a hint of sweetness from the marshmallows. I didn’t have any almonds or oranges in my sample, so I’m not 100% sure this is the one I have, but I’m pretty sure. It does have a hint of orange or something citrus in it too, which is something I have been hoping for in my teas lately as I’ve been plowing through them.
Anyways, I’m enjoying this one quite a bit and will probably mix it with my forever nuts to make a latte later to finish both of them up.

Day 2 of my DIY 24 Days of DAVIDsTea!

This blend is Forever Nuts’ more festive cousin, and I honestly think I prefer it more. Although sweeter, with a bit more ‘spice’, I am a big fan of the bright, citrusy orange. I luckily snagged several ounces when it first re-appeared online, and I look forward to having it as a latte next!

I don’t usually start my day with a herbal/fruit infusion, so I made a cup of matcha for a much needed caffeine boost!

This is actually the third time I’ve tried to write a review for this tea over the past few months. My feelings change with each cup of it, so I’ve had a difficult time figuring out what to say. Which ingredients end up in your cup play a big part in the flavor. Some steeps are super orangey. Others are super nutty. Sometimes I find it bitter and strange. Other times I find it quite nice. I love the fun ingredients in this blend, and I guess now that I’m at the end of my 2 oz of this tea, I’m ready to announce a verdict. I don’t think I would buy this again since it’s too inconsistent, but it ended up being all right! Also I don’t know why DavidsTea uses vegetarian marshmallows in some of its blends and not others. Seems like they might as well use them in all of them to be more inclusive?

Thanks so much for the swap, AJRimmer!  I wanted a cinnamon tea, and just guessed that this had cinnamon and I was right. I figured snow yesterday in April is a goodatime as any to try this one.  Upon steeping I saw the PINK cup and noticed the similar name to Forever Nuts!  Huh.  How did I not make that connection?  Though the dry blends LOOK different.  Those frosty almonds!  Those bright orange slices!  And with marshmallows!  The flavor is a bit similar to Forever Nuts somehow but the blends seem like they should be completely different. There are hints of cinnamon and orange.   I wish more of the flavors would pop, I wish for more toasty almond (maybe with a third teaspoon?) I’m not sure how much entire almonds impart to the flavor of a tea, rather than chopped almond pieces, but I do like this one. I don’t understand the low rating.   Not as lovely as Forever Nuts. I REALLY steeped the second steep but it hardly tasted any different than the first cup. It didn’t hurt though!
Steep #1  // 2 teaspoons for full mug // 12 minutes after boiling  // 3 minute steep
Steep #2  // just boiled //  53 min steep

The flavor of this tea was it’s biggest disappointment. It sort of tasted like a drink that was meant to be artificially flavored to taste like bubblegum, but as if the drink had expired. I don’t know how to exactly explain it, it was just really bad. The smell was terrible and the taste absolutely matched.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Marshmallow, Pineapple

Tastes like those old-fashioned pink bubblegums.

11952 tasting notes

Another tea that I pulled out this week after getting a bit inspired by this year’s holiday launch…

I feel like I’ve mentioned this before, but I like this blend so much more than Forever Nuts. I mean, there’s really similar but the sweet orange mixed with that perfect candied almond taste feels so cozy to me while not necessarily being a “stereotypical” winter flavour. It was a nice, smooth cuppa and I’m looking forward to brewing this one more often once the snow hits.

I got this tea as an individual bag when filling a box of 20 at Davids Tea. It tastes very similar to Forever Nuts (hence the name), but the cinnamon is far more pronounced and they added some candied almonds and pineapple. It almost tastes like nutmeg. I enjoy it, but I far prefer forever nuts more. Would not purchase 100g, but might get a few more individuals for the holiday season.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Pineapple, Spicy

This came in the holiday sampler that I picked up, so I’m trying it again. Tastes like clove and bubblegum. Not my favorite, but the name is so cute, and I love the visual of the tea, so I keep trying.

Silent Kettle

Ha-ha! Sometimes cute packaging can make the tea so much better. I want to try this one, but it is sadly out of stock. It was appearing for me before however. Do you like Forever Nuts?

amandastory516

I really enjoy Forever Nuts! Hopefully they’ll restock this one soon so that you can try it.

Silent Kettle