Caramel Shortbread

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Elderberries, Hazelnut, Natural Flavours, Raisins, Raspberry, Sour Cherry
Apple, Artificial, Butter, Candy, Cherry, Creamy, Nuts, Popcorn, Stevia, Sweet, Tart, Sugar, Caramel, Cookie, Almond, Honey, Fruity, Sour, Bread, Pleasantly Sour, Berry, Bitter, Nutty, Berries, Brown Sugar
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “DAVIDsTEA Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 19 I remember not enjoying this, so we’ll see. Holy cow, it’s extremely sweet! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, looks like it contains both brown sugar and...” Read full tasting note
  • “#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #89 overall / Tea #5 for March Tuesday 3/2 found this open but full 2 oz bag last week. Tried making a hot and plain mug for myself and didn’t care for it. made the last of...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea was a wild ride. It smells exactly like shortbread. Hot, it tastes just like a buttered popcorn jelly belly. As it starts to cool, the tart element overrides the sweet. I kept drinking it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another tea I have been avoiding because of the stevia. Really strange flavor. There’s a buttered popcorn thing going on, with some tartness from the sour cherries and raspberries. The stevia is...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

How it tastes
Sweet, nutty and buttery, with notes of baked shortbread and creamy caramel

Find satisfaction in this caffeine-free dessert tea. It’s got all the melt-in-your-mouth richness of shortbread baked into a blend of willow bark, brown sugar, almond and cherry. Sweet, buttery and deliciously satisfying, you’re gonna want to sip this holiday blend with your favourite teatime treats. Resistance is futile.

What makes it great
• Willow bark (aka “nature’s aspirin”) contains an active ingredient called salicin – a natural chemical similar to aspirin that’s been used for centuries to relieve pain.
• Pair this melt-in-your-mouth herbal tea with your favourite holiday cookies for the perfect afternoon indulgence.

Apple (apple, citric acid), Raisins, Brown sugar, Natural and artificial (almond, hazelnut) flavouring, Elderberries, Willow bark, Almonds (almonds, sugar), Hazelnuts, Sour cherries, Raspberries, Stevia extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

DAVIDsTEA Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 19

I remember not enjoying this, so we’ll see.

Holy cow, it’s extremely sweet! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, looks like it contains both brown sugar and stevia. Even without bring overly sweet, it’s an odd flavor combination for me. There’s a strong buttery note, but instead of reminding me of shortbread, it reminds me of buttered popcorn Jelly Bellies. Then alongside it, there’s also the tartness of the apple and cherry. And then a bit of nuttiness as well.

So it’s like super sweet buttered popcorn Jelly Belly meets fruit tisane. Very strange.

Flavors: Apple, Artificial, Butter, Candy, Cherry, Creamy, Nuts, Popcorn, Stevia, Sweet, Tart

Courtney

My face was contorting myself without my fully realising it reading this XD.

Courtney

*itself hah

CJBaker

“super sweet buttered popcorn Jelly Belly meets fruit tisane” – That actually put an exact, perplexing flavor into my head.

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #89 overall / Tea #5 for March

Tuesday 3/2 found this open but full 2 oz bag last week. Tried making a hot and plain mug for myself and didn’t care for it. made the last of this for a cold brew pitcher for Micah. I like the idea of this tea and I’m sure there is more of this somewhere with my winter holiday tea bin but it gone for this bit.

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

This tea was a wild ride.

I kept drinking it not because I liked it but because it was so odd. I wouldn’t repurchase, but it was an interesting experience!

(From David’sTea Advent Calendar, Day 8)

Flavors: Popcorn, Sugar, Tart

Another tea I have been avoiding because of the stevia. Really strange flavor. There’s a buttered popcorn thing going on, with some tartness from the sour cherries and raspberries. The stevia is also really dominant. Blech.

As the name suggests, Caramel Shortbread has an extremely creamy, sweet flavor. Shortbread is one of my personal favorite types of cookie every holiday season, and I find with this tea that the creamy caramel flavor is much more present than the vibe of a shortbread cookie. That being said, while this tea is certainly sweet, it’s not so sweet that it’s a turn-off.

Flavors: Caramel, Cookie

Very sweet buttery caramel and hazelnut flavor. A great before bed herbal.

This tea is SUPER sweet to what I’m used to. It smells incredible, you can definitely smell buttery shortbread.

buttery sweet flavor with slightest tartness on end

Tried this again and came to the same negative conclusions as before. It smells wonderful, but I’m not enjoying the flavor. The stevia in it adds a strange component as well. :/

Upon opening the package, wow what a strong caramel flavour! When steeped it does lose a lot of it’s smell but still could get a hint of that amazing caramel! I steeped mine extra long while I was getting ready, so about 15 minutes… so as an end result my tea was very flavourful! I enjoyed mine with a little bit of milk and sugar. For a decaffeinated tea, I would definitely buy this one again. Loved the flavours of the almonds and apple that really came through too.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Butter, Caramel