Caribbean Crush

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Cranberry, Hibiscus, Papaya, Pineapple
Pineapple, Apple, Coconut, Fruity, Sweet, Cranberry, Floral, Fruit Punch, Hibiscus, Tart, Tropical, banana, Cocoa, Fruit Tree Flowers, White Chocolate, Candy, Melon, Sugar, Cherry, Strawberry, Creamy, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Smooth, Dried Fruit, Candied Apple
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by apieceofquiche

From DAVIDsTEA

Looking to get away from all the hustle and bustle? There’s nothing more relaxing than the sunny Caribbean. Swaying palm trees, soothing waves and soft white sand…it’s the perfect little escape. And we have your one way ticket right here. With juicy pineapple, fresh papaya and yummy cranberries, this sweet and tangy tea is the ultimate tropical fruit punch. It’s like being on the beach without even leaving the city. The only thing missing is a little paper umbrella…

Ingredients: Pineapple (pineapple, sugar), apple, papaya (papaya, sugar), cranberry (sugar, cranberry, rice flour, sunflower oil), hibiscus, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A pandemic gift from a fellow tea drinker, I decided to open it up for this morning’s cup. I quite enjoyed the tropical blend (though I wouldn’t consider cranberry or apples to be tropical). After my last pineapple tea review, this was a definite winner. I had it hot but I think it would a great iced tea too.

Flavors: Pineapple

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Great tasting and fruity

SET

Had a little sampler packet of this, which I think I got in a long ago DAVIDsTEA order. It suggested using 500ml of water, but there just didn’t seem enough leaf in the packet for such a heavy/chunk herbal so I cut it back to 350ml, left in the fridge cold brewing for a few hours.

I thought this would be fruitier/tangier, but there was so little hibi in my packet that my tea barely colored the lightest of pink, and I wondered if I should add some from my plain hibi leaf stash. The flavor tasted very sweet coconut to me (is there coconut flavoring? There isn’t any in the ingredients, huh…) Also a mild, sweet apple. Perhaps a subtle pineapple note, but without any tanginess it isn’t really coming forward for me.

I think my sampler was a bit weak and not a good mix of ingredients, which may be why I’m really only getting a coconut note and nothing else. It was still a refreshing cold sip.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more 5 g 12 OZ / 350 ML

Tastes just like a fruit punch, heavy on the tart cranberry flavour, when iced.

Flavors: Cranberry, Floral, Fruit Punch, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tart

Iced 8 min or more

Went for a cold brew of this one today. Took 0.75 tsp of this tea in my 12 oz cup and let it brew in the fridge for 2 hours. The dry tea was mostly small chunks of various fruits (apple, pineapple, and papaya being the main three) with a bit of hibiscus thrown in for colour and tang I’m guessing.

First thing I noticed with this tea is that it didn’t come out the pretty pink like in the picture. That’s probably my fault though, because in my smaller scoops, I didn’t end up with much hibiscus in the basket. The tea ended up a pale yellow colour – almost apple juice colour, but slightly lighter.

The taste too is faintly of apple, but you can also taste some other sweet fruits coming through, though I’m unable to differentiate them individually by taste. I also enjoy that it’s not the acidic apple taste that I was getting from the Just Peachy flavour of DavidsTea, but a nice sweet, mild apple taste.

I feel as a cold brew, I should probably up my volume on this one because it did end up quite weak with my normal 0.75 tsp. It’s not bad at all, but more reminds me of those flavoured bottled waters you get at the store. Next time I try this one cold I’ll up my measurement to 1 tsp and see how that goes.

Would also like to try this one hot.

Cup count from my 27g pitcher pack: 1 (Plenty left to try in the future)

Flavors: Apple

Iced 8 min or more 12 OZ / 354 ML

Tropical, pineapple-y flavour. Not too sweet.

2021 Sipdowns 38&39/365!
(DavidsTea 96)

Counting this as two sipdowns as I made up an entire small packet into iced tea, checked my spreadsheet, and discovered that I could (should) actually make up a full pitcher of it using a pitcher pack. This one tastes best with a higher tea:water ratio anyhow – this is when the flavour really comes out – which to me is mostly a fruity sweet pineapple/apple? It’s pretty good though. I’d buy sale pitcher packs of it again.

Strong sweet fruit profile. You can easily smell the pineapple while brewing this tea. It’s tropical and perfect for warming you up on winter.

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus, Pineapple

185 °F / 85 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

Sweet and tropical. Lovely in the winter.

Flavors: Pineapple, Tropical

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Davids semi-annual sale is going on now, and for the first time in quite a while, I’m not ordering anything! We’ll pretend that’s through extreme will power, and not just because I’ve tried most of their flavors at this point…Anyway, this tea is one that I received as a free sample in a previous order, and I liked it well enough that I ordered a tin the next time. It’s pretty light, tropical, and a little flowery. I like it, but not enough that I would buy it again. The main flavor is a fake pineapple.

tea-sipper

Oh man, so many things I want to buy in that sale… like those Nordic mugs! Must…resist…. buying…..

AJRimmer

Stay strong! :P there are a few items I considered, but not enough to get to the free shipping threshold, so I decided I’d wait for their next sale (especially since I still have an unopened Black Friday package from them!)