Almost reminds me of a genmaicha in a certain ricey sense. That dry leaf smell is incredible. Slightly mineral, roasty, toasty notes that show superb craftsmanship by the tea maker. Some of the notes make me think of taiyaki or hojicha. I could sit here and smell this all day. But I’d rather drink it. Very mineral initial aroma. 10-second steep si sweet, mineral. It’s so good. Making my mouth water as I’m drinking it. Color is light amber to slightly darker amber. Depending of course on how long it’s in the Yixing pot. The second steep is even more amazing. I let it go longer than I meant but it’s still so sweet. Mineral sweet. Clean feel on the palate.

Tea is a way of life. The more you drink tea, the more you learn about tea. I’m mostly a purist but also a bit of a tea adventurist. If there is a new tea or brand to be discovered I will try it out. I love every type save for dark teas which I just can’t seem to take a fancy to. The only ones I usually refuse to try are green tea and citrus mixes. Just nope.

I’m a stay at home mom who loves gardening, exploring, and being with my family.

Minnesota