Polished off the last of this a few days ago and I’m really going to miss this one. It came as a sample with my Sazen order. This is a lightly steamed sencha that has a clean and fresh flavor.

Forest green needle shaped leaves brew up a clear light green liquor without any cloudiness. Smooth, buttery, and rich in umami . There’s a lima bean creaminess which coats the mouth and leaves a lingering umami aftertaste.

Resteeps are more or less the same. Lima bean / cashew creaminess and lots of umami.

Flavors: Cashew, Grass, Lima Beans, Umami

170 °F / 76 °C 0 min, 30 sec 2 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
tea-sipper

I wish I found more teas tasting like cashews

Comments

tea-sipper

I wish I found more teas tasting like cashews

My Rating Criteria:

95 to 100: Top shelf stuff. Loved this tea and highly recommend it

90 to 94: Excellent. Enjoyed this tea and would likely repurchase

80 to 89: Good but not great. I liked it though it may be lacking in some aspects. I’ll finish it but probably won’t buy again

70 to 79: Average at best. Not terrible but wouldn’t willingly drink again

60 to 69: Sub-par. Low quality tea, barely palatable

59 and below: Bleh

Fell into tea years ago, and for a long time my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a few years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

With the exception of a handful of lightly scented teas, I drink mostly straight tea. I love fresh green and floral flavors and as such, green tea and Taiwanese oolongs will always have a place in my cupboard. After avoiding black tea forever, Chinese blacks are beginning to grow on me. I’ve dipped my toe into a few puerhs now but it’s still relatively new territory for me. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes but reach for them less frequently.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking, reading, nature, MMA, traveling when I can, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/melucky