drank Palm Beach by Dammann Freres

Advent Calendar – Day 11. Continuing in my attempt to catch up on my advent calendar… I actually own this one and I have been making my way through it for the past year when I went on a green tea rampage in an attempt to switch loving green tea instead of black. It didn’t happen. I still love black tea. But I did find several green teas I fell in love with. I want to love this tea. I do. And every time I reach for it, I hope with all my heart that I will fall in love with it. It just sounds so fun. Apples, bananas, pineapple and lime… what’s not to love? (banana actually :p but let’s forget about that. I don’t mind the banana at all in California) But somehow this combination never works for me. I get green apple and lime in terms of smell, but the tastes are just blah when they’re all blended together. It taste maybe too flat for me. Way less fun than it sounded. Too "green apple’ and less “exotic cocktail” than I keep hoping for. It’s a pass for me, but funnily enough my daughter loves that one.

Flavors: Green Apple, Lime

Cameron B.

I agree, this was underwhelming. I do love some of their other green teas though, like Miss Dammann and Enjoy Summer. I also have Happy Green that I haven’t tried yet, but it smells amazing!

Comments

Cameron B.

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA