Dublin Cream

Cream, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 5 g 16 oz / 473 ml

• “Kiki’s evening tea tonight :) “Black tea. It’s a little creamy when I smell it. Kinda like that African tea has that smell. she breathes it in for a good minute then finally sips It’s kind of a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ooh! Thanks for this one, gmathis. Had just enough to make a little pot of it before bed. After a day of approximately 5 other pots of pure oolongs and blacks, this was a much-appreciated reprieve....” Read full tasting note
  • “It could be the sheer delight of putting my feet up in the sunshine after a high-intensity adventure with kids (more on that in a minute), but my first sip of this novel tea made me go...” Read full tasting note

From TeaMaze

Fancy yourself in Dublin, strolling along the Liffey or popping into the Temple Bar for a drink? A bracing black tea laced with rum flavoring, this tea flies the colors of the Irish flag with green strawberry leaf, white coconut, and orange safflower. Sláinte!

About TeaMaze View company

Kiki’s evening tea tonight :)

“Black tea. It’s a little creamy when I smell it. Kinda like that African tea has that smell. she breathes it in for a good minute then finally sips It’s kind of a little fruity, like cantaloupe. I think it’s a… I think it’s a… one of those natural flavorings. It’s alright. What do you think?”

I steal a sip. I think it’s creamy and coconut.

“You mean like coconut flavoring?”

No, real coconut.

“Like grated coconut. Yeah I can see that. Like coconut water-y. I don’t think I’d buy this, though. What’s in it?”

Black tea, rum flavoring (which might be where you’re getting the fruitiness from)

makes a double-take face, sips again “—Oh, yeah, uh-hm, I get that now.”

And strawberry leaves, coconut and orange safflower.

“I was gonna say orange!”

That’s probably the base tea. You know, like orange pekoe often has kind of an orange tone to it.

“Right. Thank you, gmathis. You’re very sweet :) You’re sweeter than the tea. And thank you very much!”

gmathis

Y’all are my favorite SuperTasters!

gmathis

My favorite They Might Be Giants album.

derk

gmathis listens to TMBG, haha! The more I learn about Steepsters, the more I love this community. (Adagio, please don’t shut this place down because there are unmanageable flaws in the infrastructure. Fix it and it will flourish!)

ashmanra

Derk: did you ever know dinosara on here? She was a huge fan of TMBG and they wrote Paleontologist inspired by her!

gmathis

(and why should this surprise you? ;)

Mastress Alita

I also love TMBG!

derk

ashmanra: I’ve seen the name around I don’t think our presences overlapped. Nice bit of trivia!

gmathis: What else do you have hiding under that scarf?

After a day of approximately 5 other pots of pure oolongs and blacks, this was a much-appreciated reprieve. It’s a calm, unfussy black base with a heavy helping of rich strawberry and cream flavors. Doesn’t even taste artificial, and I appreciate that they didn’t try to make it sweet. This was an excellent one to sip on while starting a new book. Think I’ll be getting an ounce or two of it for when I want a flavored black—my usual Lady Londonberry is good, but sometimes the lemon mixed in with that strawberry can be a bit much!

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
gmathis

That’s in my cup even as we speak! It’s on the re-stock list next time we’re there—shops starting to reopen in Branson this week.

It could be the sheer delight of putting my feet up in the sunshine after a high-intensity adventure with kids (more on that in a minute), but my first sip of this novel tea made me go “ah-h-h-h-h!” with eye-rolling pleasure. Sweet strawberries and cream, even without adding milk. Separately, I’m not getting the rum or coconut, but together, this is sweet, creamy, fruity magic. Flavor holds up reasonably for a second steep as well. I’m putting this on my “next trip” list in a larger quantity.

End of tea review. Adventure time:

Eleven kids, four adults, five breakfast casseroles, one coffee cake, 35 dirty dishes, three boxes of plastic gloves entirely used because “these are getting slimy,” one dead battery on the church van and an accidental triggering of the burglar alarm at the homeless shelter. My little team was on sausage-browning patrol. Your heart would grow three sizes like the grinch watching these kids doing grown-up sized acts of service. Mine’s about to bust.

ashmanra

What a lovely day!

I would not have expected a tea called Dublin Cream to have fruity flavor. That sounds delicious!

gmathis

You know how much I love good strawberry cupppas!