Tsarevna

Black Chai Fruit Blend
Anise, Candy, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Licorice, Orange, Smooth, Spices, Sweet, Orange Zest, Almond, Cardamom, Spicy, Citrus
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Kusmi Advent Day 24 Overall, I wasn’t a huge fan of the Kusmi advent and I don’t think I’d get it in future years. I didn’t find any of the blends that exciting, and there were none that I would...” Read full tasting note
  • “Kusmi Advent Calendar – Day 24 Ooh, an adorable little mini tin of this today! And the design is so cute, it matches the advent calendar – teal with gold foil accents. The dry leaf smells...” Read full tasting note
  • “Advent Day 24 Mini tin! Yay! I’m glad this was included in the advent. I had been wanting to try it. It has a really rich caramel scent. Spiced orange dominates the sip. Lots of clove and cardamom....” Read full tasting note
  • “Another tea from exchange meeting – and exchanged this one. So, I do not know how old it could be. Hopefully, not so much, but when it is wrapped in foil, I hope it would not be bad. When brewed,...” Read full tasting note

From Kusmi Tea

FLAVORED BLEND OF BLACK TEA, ORANGE AND SPICES

An organic recipe that takes you on a delicious walk down memory lane back to childhood!

Let’s go to the funfair! While wandering your way through the merry-go-round, you will come across the beautiful Tsarevna dressed in a new, limited-edition party gown! An elegant, green number decorated with carrousels straight from our favorite fairy tales. As curious as Alice and as daring as Cinderella, this princess will take you on an adventure of exciting flavors with heady aromas of orange peel, spices, and licorice paired with a black tea base. And there’s no need to go home at midnight, pumpkin or not! Tsarevna does what she likes, brimming with confidence thanks to her official organic label!

INGREDIENTS
Flavored blend of black tea, orange and spices

About Kusmi Tea View company

Kusmi Advent Day 24

Overall, I wasn’t a huge fan of the Kusmi advent and I don’t think I’d get it in future years. I didn’t find any of the blends that exciting, and there were none that I would repurchase. The advent was lovely, though and I enjoyed the cute little tins.

As for this blend. Another ‘meh’ for me. I’m mainly getting licorice and cinnamon. Not something I need more of.

Kusmi Advent Calendar – Day 24

Ooh, an adorable little mini tin of this today! And the design is so cute, it matches the advent calendar – teal with gold foil accents. The dry leaf smells surprisingly fruity given it’s mostly a spice tea.

It’s pretty good. I do get the orange, though I feel like I’m tasting other fruits as well (none are listed). It’s a nice sweet orange, which is a pleasant change-up from most orange spice teas. It almost reminds me of those yummy orange slice gummies that are covered in sugar. There’s a soft anise note here as well, along with ginger, cinnamon, and clove. I really like that the clove isn’t the strongest spice, as I’m really bored of the whole “orange & clove” flavor profile. It’s a little Juicy Fruit-y, but I think that’s just a flavor that I tend to find when orange is combined with ginger…

As far as the Kusmi advent overall, it was definitely the prettiest of the bunch, with a lovely soft touch finish. I loved the detail of how the sachets were in perfectly-sized little recesses, with a raised border around them. I will say I was a bit disappointed in the selection, there were a few too many fruit tisanes, which I don’t think is representative of Kusmi’s offerings as a whole. And only Anastasia and White Anastasia for Russian blends! Where’s the St. Petersburg?! Anyway, the teas were certainly high quality, and the colorful wrappers put a smile on my face in the morning. I found the $45 price somewhat reasonable, especially with the two mini-tins.

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJMA9FugSnn/)

Flavors: Anise, Candy, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Licorice, Orange, Smooth, Spices, Sweet

Mastress Alita

I was thinking about getting the Kusmi one next year, but I really want to sample the Russian teas as well, so that is disappointing… I also simply don’t need more steeping stuff. But, I do like hibiscus fruit blends, which would be a good fit for me and have never tried that company before.

Cameron B.

I’m a little worried about the Russian blends since they’re making the switch to organic… Troika is no longer on the website, and Prince Vladimir and St. Petersburg haven’t shown up in new organic versions yet. I hope they’re still in the process of switching them over and they’re not going away for good. :(

Cameron B.

But I agree with you, the steeping stuff was lame

ashmanra

Oh no! I have wanted to order Troika! I hope it isn’t ruined!

Advent Day 24

Mini tin! Yay! I’m glad this was included in the advent. I had been wanting to try it. It has a really rich caramel scent. Spiced orange dominates the sip. Lots of clove and cardamom. This is pretty nice. It’s well rounded, flavorful, interesting and I get to have more cups of this because mini tin! The tin has the same pretty shades of teal that the advent has.

I’ve only had a few Kusmi teas before. Sweet Love was a really tasty chai and there was another smoky tea that I enjoyed. I was really hoping to get to try a wide variety of their blends in this advent and get a better ides of the company’s style, but I don’t feel like it was well represented. It felt like they were pushing the Lov brand blends a bit and I was hoping for more of their classics. The hibiscus really killed several days for me too. The packaging was gorgeous, there were two mini tins and a couple of tea accessories that someone new to tea would find useful. Overall it was a decent value and a fun experience.

Cameron B.

I agree, I wish they had done more Russian blends at least.

Dustin

Did they do more of that last year and decide to mix it up for this advent? I’m going to have to pay more attention to the tea selection next year if I do their advent again.

Cameron B.

I have no idea, this is my first time getting this advent too.

When brewed, it smells nice. Mostly orange zest and bit of spices. In taste t is similar, but I expected much more pronounced spices. It was like earl grey, but with quite weak base black tea and little bit of spices. Nothing very distinctive. I expected much more stronger tastes. But overall it was nice, mellow tea..

Flavors: Clove, Orange Zest

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML

First thought: Smells nice. Second thought: There are a lot of tiny crumbly bits in this, couldn’t Kusmi have used something a little closer to whole leaf tea? … Okay, I managed not to get any of those in my teacup, that’s a good thing(I made a whole pot of it). Now, the taste. Orange is there, also licorice and anise, but where are the ginger and cinnamon? … Ah, there they are. Just barely. It seems like Kusmi made a chai that needs some extra spices ??

Spicy, very aromatic. Owerpowering. Spicy chai and orange. Cardemmom, cloves, less cinamon. Black tea. Very smooth blend, very cozy. Milk and sugars are a must – Treat it like a chai.

Flavors: Almond, Anise, Cardamom, Spicy

If a Russian Earl Grey and a Chai tea had a baby, this is what they would birth. A smooth tea with spicy notes, an aroma that fills the room like a spiced candle, emitting a rich complex scent. Notes of cinnamon and cardamom are clear, with a back note of orange. This particular product is a regular winter tea for Kusmi. In 2016, to celebrate 150th year of kusmi, it donned a beautiful black and gold caddy, inspired by the tiaras worn by Tsar princesses. In 2017, the caddy is full golden. It’s beautiful, but disappointingly the price has increased from £24.80 in 2016, an the content has decreased from 250g. Bad move Kusmi.

www.TastetheTea.co.uk

Flavors: Citrus, Spices

I have a special relationship with Kusmi Tea’s Prince Vlad. It is heaven. It is joy. It is love. The company that makes it is also very generous, and always sends samples of other teas to try. Gift with purchase? Everybody loves that!

This was among the three teas they sent along with my dear Prince Vlad.

The description on the single serving bag (black tea, spices, orange) made me think that this would be close to an Earl Grey. Oh, the error of my thinking.

First sip: No. But maybe I didn’t give this a proper try.

Second sip, followed by a few more consecutive sips: My taste buds are no longer on speaking terms with me.

This reminds me of a rooibos, only more unsettling since I thought I was going to send my mouth on an earl grey journey. Website shows it has licorice. That explains things.

Flavors: Licorice