Cookie Butter

Brown Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Cookie, Spices, Sweet, Caramel, Spicy, Toasted, Toasty, Vanilla
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dessert by Deb

Cookie…BUTTER?! Ohhh yes! Imagine crushed cookies, cinnamon sugar, and a shot of caramel all whipped up into a luscious cookie dessert spread fit for an extravagant cookie party! Amazing as a tea latte, Cookie Butter is the loving cousin to fan favourite, Sweet Snickerdoodles. A black tea blend laced with cinnamon, maple, toasted coconut, and luscious notes of caramel, this is a cookie monster’s paradise!

Certified organic ingredients: Black Tea, Caramel, Cinnamon, Toasted Coconut, Canadian Maple, Brown Sugar, Honeybush, Calendula Petals

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada

Steeping instructions: 2 teaspoons at 212F for 4-6 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

Originally I was going to make a latte of a different tea but I wasn’t sure I would have enough leaf so I randomly grabbed another tea out of the drawer and it was this. I feel like cookie butter has been popular with bakers lately, at least the ones I follow on Instagram.

Anyways, I wanted something caramel-esque and this seemed close enough to what I was going for. As a latte this is very good because it has a sort of thickness in the flavour that you would get from a cookie butter. It’s also sweet but not quite fully caramel. I think it’s got a classic Deb flavour profile with the heavy maple chips and I think it could be flat if I don’t make it as a latte but as a latte it’s good.

Sipdown! (35 | 108)

This really does taste like cookie butter!

It has that lightly spiced buttery cookie thing going on, which can only be described as speculoos. It is missing the deeper molasses notes, but still so spot-on.

My only issue with it is it’s too light because of all of the additions. It barely tastes like black tea, so it’s a bit like a watered down cookie butter. Obviously I could use more leaf, but I’m afraid it would become too sweet with the sugar included.

So I haven’t decided yet whether this will be a repurchase…

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Cookie, Spices, Sweet

TheKesser

I didn’t know about this tea company! I’m going to check them out. This sounds yummy!!

Cameron B.

She’s the sweetest person ever, and the teas are definitely worth a try! Almost all of them contain a small amount of sugar though, it’s not usually too much for me but something to keep in mind.

Silent Kettle

Yeah, oh my gosh! Deb is genuinely such a kind soul – I love her! And lol! The cookie butter tea caught me off guard by how much it matched its namesake as well, lol! I love making this one with milk! :)

This really does taste like melted cookie butter in a cup! :) It has a crackly, toasty, spiced cookie butter vibe! I love this as a latte! :)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cookie, Spices, Spicy, Toasted, Toasty, Vanilla