Pumpkin Earl Grey

Black Chai Blend
Candy, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Smooth, Spices, Sweet, Astringent, Bergamot, Earl Grey, Honey, Pastries, Pumpkin
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Kosher, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Sipdown! (47 | 321) I was excited to try this tea, but ended up not loving it, so now I’m glad to finish off the pouch. I think I bought it last year? It’s not bad, I just feel like I don’t really...” Read full tasting note
  • “One of my favorite pumpkin tea blends. Although I don’t have many in my stash at the moment Earl Greys are my favorites, this blend is no exception. I love that you can taste the pumpkin, spices (...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is better than I expected it to be. It’s a great mix of pumpkin spice and Earl grey, which are two of my favorite flavor profiles already. I clearly taste the pumpkin, the spice, and the EG....” Read full tasting note
  • “So when I made this for the bubble tea it was WAAAAAYYYY too floral but that was also due to the instant boba pack. So I’m giving it another chance in a hot latte that I made with a vanilla frothed...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

How it tastes
Warming spices on a creamy vanilla base with a touch of pumpkin & bergamot.

The minute sweater weather hits, we know it’s time to turn our attention to all things pumpkin. Get ready for the classiest cup of pumpkin to every grace your mug: Pumpkin Chai meets Cream of Earl Grey. A remarkably warming & creamy vanilla base with a pinch of pumpkin spices & bergamot for that London Fog richness. It’s our new fall fave, and we think you’ll love it too.

What makes it great
• Features all the classic pumpkin spices like cinnamon, cloves & cardamom.
• When Pumpkin Chai & Cream of Earl Grey come together, the result is drool-worthy fall goodness.
• Pumpkin (the end).

Ingredients: Black tea, Pumpkin, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cardamom pod, Clove, Natural (pumpkin pie, vanilla, cream, butter, cinnamon) flavouring, Marigold petal, Bergamot oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown! (47 | 321)

It’s not bad, I just feel like I don’t really taste the bergamot at all. Like if Earl Grey wasn’t in the name, I think I would say this is just a pumpkin spice black tea. I don’t get a lot of creaminess either, which is mentioned heavily in the description. Mostly I taste clove, cinnamon candy, and a touch of cardamom on a black tea base. There’s something at the end of the sip that hints at bergamot, but it gets a bit overpowered by the clove.

Anyway, not a bad tea, just not what it says it is, at least to my tastebuds. I do still like it better than Pumpkin Chai though, I think.

Flavors: Candy, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Smooth, Spices, Sweet

One of my favorite pumpkin tea blends. Although I don’t have many in my stash at the moment Earl Greys are my favorites, this blend is no exception. I love that you can taste the pumpkin, spices ( especially the cardamom), and bergamot equally. It’s a well-balanced blend that I wish was available all year round.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Cardamom, Earl Grey, Honey, Pastries, Pumpkin, Spices, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is better than I expected it to be. It’s a great mix of pumpkin spice and Earl grey, which are two of my favorite flavor profiles already. I clearly taste the pumpkin, the spice, and the EG. It’s super tasty with milk. I’m glad I have a whole 2 oz bag of this one because I’ve had it a few times, and I don’t think I’ll get tired of it. I would have never guessed it, but these flavors go together perfectly!

So when I made this for the bubble tea it was WAAAAAYYYY too floral but that was also due to the instant boba pack. So I’m giving it another chance in a hot latte that I made with a vanilla frothed sweet cream. Its so good!! A pumpkin London Fog that is just perfect! Creamy? Check. Vanilla? Check. Bergamot? Check, but not overly floral and not bitter or oily. Spiced? Check. Everything you could have wanted and more for an awesome Fall drink. Now I just need the cooler temperatures, changing leaves, and cozy sweaters to match.

Cameron B.

Yay, I still have some of this from last year!

I guess I expected something more unique than what it is, because it’s not really any different than any other pumpkiny tea out there. It smells and tastes good, but it’s really nothing special.

Sipdown
This is my first tea review on Steepster for 2022. :)

I was happy to snag 50g of this tea when it was first released. It was recommended to me by a tea vlogger (Tea With Jann), so I snagged some. Earl Grey’s typically the staple for when I’m not craving anything else in the cabinet. I was interested in this simply for the new approach to Earl Grey…with Pumpkin. I’m a huge fan of pumpkin flavors in the fall, plus the recommendation, I was sold.

I finished the last few grams of this today. I have this bad habit of hoarding small amounts of teas that I like/love. I sure LOVED this one. After trying it the first time, I wanted to get a lot more, on the account it was seasonal. Unfortunately for me, it sold out. Therefore, I drank all of it with the exception of two teaspoons…until this morning. It was perfect.

This cuppa is warming, spicy, nutty, and loaded with pumpkin-bergamot flavors. I usually drank it plain, with the one time I added oatmilk (which was perfect). The tea doesn’t need anything else to make it a good cuppa. I like to add 195F water to the leaf, steep for 3.5 mins, and sip it up. I make another cup with the same leaves (195F, 6-8 mins, and sip). The second cup isn’t as in your face with flavor, but it still holds true to the warming effect. It was a good cup for a mildly chilly day or for these unexpected warmer days, too.

Flavors: Bergamot, Pumpkin, Spices

Kaylee

Always gratifying when your first review is ALSO a sipdown.

MadHatterTeaReview

Steepster will be the motivation for me to sip more teas down! Haha.

Got this in the subscription box. I was hoping that the fall box would have some pumpkin tea in it, so I was excited to see this. I drank it down pretty quickly and this is my last cup. Although I enjoy it I’m not quite sure how I feel about this. Would I buy it again? I don’t know. There is a nice pumpkin flavor and it’s interesting to taste it paired with bergamot instead of just pumpkin spice. Is it this particular bergamot that I’m not sold on? I almost want to buy another bag to have more time to sort out how I feel about it. There is a little clove tang on the finish that is a little tingly, which I don’t recall in other cups. Perhaps it’s a result of dumping the last of the bag in the steeper. Super glad this one isn’t packed with stevia like many other David’s teas. Also really happy to have a new pumpkin tea to try this year!

Cameron B.

I used a reward to order this one with my advent calendar, I’m excited for it! :3

Evol Ving Ness

Yeah, this stevia situation in DTs is always a worry. My interest in this one is piqued. Maybe even enough to venture out and get a wee bit.

Dustin

It’s worth a go IMO. :)

Evol Ving Ness

Thanks, Dustin. The thing is that COVId has shut down all their stores that were in my direct path. So, we’ll see if I can hunt up another one placed more or less in my travels.

Dustin

They shut down all their US stores, which is really sad. I think they shut the last few down right after the pandemic started, but some disappeared before. Probably a smart business move, not paying rent for a year and a half on pricey well placed stores that would be closed.

Evol Ving Ness

We have only one left, in a shopping mall which I do my best to avoid. I wonder if they will open up a few more if/when normality resumes. Agreed about the smart business move. All of their shops were street level in neighbourhood with a lot of street traffic. Of course, during the lockdown, there was no street traffic. I guess we’ll see.

This is absolutely delicious! Such a wonderful pumpkin flavor, with a nice creaminess and delicious blend of spices. Really heavy on the nutmeg, so it smells a lot like eggnog to my nose. The bergamot is pretty mild, with it being more in the aftertaste than anything.

Wasn’t bad but not much flavor for the smell. Not really into pumpkin so wasn’t for me. Although turns out i like Earl Greys and that surprised me

(DavidsTea already recorded)

So, I still don’t know what I think of this tea. I really want to love it, but I can’t quite figure out whether I do – but I still need to try it as a latte. Straight, it doesn’t quite taste like EG to me, though I can definitely taste the pumpkin. However, it doesn’t really have any defining flavour, which perhaps is why I’m struggling a bit with it?