Cardamom French Toast

Black Chai Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coriander, Lemon Peel, Natural Flavours
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Egg, Bread, Citrus, Graham Cracker, Honey, Lemon, Malt, Smooth, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Brown Toast, Custard, Eggnog, Toast, Vanilla, Coriander, Spicy, Brown Sugar, Butter, Maple, Nutmeg, Pancake Syrup, Clove, Lemon Zest, Burnt Sugar, Cake, Cream, Tangy, Tea, Sugarcane, Caramel, Creamy, Butterscotch, Maple Syrup, Pastries, Coconut, Nuts, Orange, Earth, Artificial, Coriander Seed, Frosting, Orange Zest
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

We take French toast very seriously around here. Which is why we created this sweet and buttery cardamom-spiced black tea with a dusting of cinnamon and cane sugar. It’s rich. It’s spicy. And it tastes just like the decadent breakfast of our dreams. Only this is one brunch tea you’ll be craving all day long.

Black tea, cinnamon, lemon peel, coriander seeds, cardamom, coconut sugar, cane sugar, natural and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I wouldnt say this tastes like Cardamom French toast. Not even much if a cardamom flavor although I do see the cardamom, its closed up and wont impart much flavor. I live for french toast though, its my breakfast fave, this is just a nicely spiced tea, yummy as a latte. Didn’t like it with put the frothed milk and sweetener. I like it though

This has been my favorite tea in the sipsby advent so far, which is hilarious. After all my “should I even buy the DAVIDsTEA advent anymore” and “maybe I’ve just tried all their stuff I want to try at this point” I get one out of left field through sipsby.

Through both cups, I was surprised at how much it lives up to its name. I definitely get the light egg/cream of french toast along with the cardamom and cinnamon. It has a sweet element, but I think the black tea base saves it from being completely overwhelming. While I would probably prefer a french toast tea that was less forward on the cardamom, I really enjoyed this one.

My partner prefers unflavored and bitter things, and he said this felt more like a bread pudding than a french toast because it was so sweet for him, but that it was still pleasant.

sipsby advent, day 13*
(sipsby packages this in no particular order)

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Egg

Happy National French Toast Day! Today the prompt is to drink a tea with flavor notes of a French Toast topping! I just decided to go with this tea that has “French Toast” in the title, which has been in my stash since 2018. I bought it on vacation to the Bay Area in California, which, back then, had several physical DAVIDsTEA locations. Now, all the physical DAVIDsTEAs in the US are closed. So… old tea, as per usual!

Still smells nice in the bag, though… like sweet lemon, and definitely cardamom. Brewed, it smells even sweeter, giving off a sort of honey graham cracker sort of aroma, as well as the citrus and cardamom.

Base has a malty/baked bread quality. The sip has a sweet cinnamon-sugar flavor, with a strong pop of cardamom that takes hold mid-sip and lingers on the tongue, but not in a spicy-hot way. There is a lemony note to the tea, which is amplified a bit by the citrusy taste of the cardamom.

It’s nice. The spice of the cardamom is smoothed by the sweetness leaving a nice cardamom flavor that doesn’t burn. I still enjoy the elusive 52Teas’ “Coconut French Toast with Cardamom Maple Syrup” more, though.

Flavors: Bread, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Citrus, Graham Cracker, Honey, Lemon, Malt, Smooth, Spices, Sugar, Sweet

Evol Ving Ness

I am a fan of this one too. A bit heavy on the sugar, but the blend is a winner.

All our locations here are closed but one. Too bad. These are teas that really do need to be sampled before investing in large quantities.

This one makes an amazing tea latte!

I really really enjoy this tea! Thanks to the magic of some decent strength artificial/natural flavors and complementary ingredients, they really nailed the french toast taste, even the eggy flavor. David’s is known for getting rid of teas, even well-loved ones, so I’ll be stockpiling this whenever I get a chance.

Flavors: Brown Toast, Cinnamon, Custard, Eggnog

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
tea-sipper

Welcome to Steepster. :D

EstrafaDC

Start stockpiling! It only seems to be in their sampler on their website!

What I smell: caramelized sugar, cardamom

What I taste: candied lemon peel, cardamom

Notes: I love the idea of this tea, but it’s not as full-bodied as I would like. It’s not buttery, which I expected from the french toast part of the name. I do appreciate the cardamom and that the listed cinnamon doesn’t play a big role in this tea.

A lovely warm tea. Cinnamon and cardamom without being a “spice” tea. Tastes a lot like Golden Grahams but in tea form.

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Sugar, Toast, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

This continues to be one of my favorite teas. Perfectly sweet, cozy cardamom goodness. A bit of oat milk, and it’s the perfect cup of fall for me.

A very yummy chai that does remind me of the warm spices and sweetness of french toast. This one brews pretty strong so you don’t need a lot of tea for it to be good. I drink it without anything added but it would make a delicious chai latte.

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coriander, Spicy, Sweet

I enjoyed this tea overall, but the flavor of the cardamom and the cinnamon lingered in my mouth for too long after.
I had a difficult time deciding how to review this tea because when you sip it, it has a beautiful flavor that can surely compare to that of french toast. I can taste the baked buttery bread, the sugar and of course the cinnamon and cardamon. After however, I just had this taste of pure cinnamon and cardamon in my mouth. It is very possible that I simply had too much of the cinnamon and cardamon when I was brewing it and another cup might be different.

While I do enjoy cinnamon as a flavor, as well as cardamon, it was too much for me for an aftertaste.
While this is a tea I may not be purchasing large quantities of, I would still enjoy it if I had a sample package or if I got a few individual bags because as I said the flavor of the tea itself is wonderful.

Flavors: Bread, Brown Sugar, Cardamom, Cinnamon