Cardamom French Toast

Black Chai Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coriander, Lemon Peel, Natural Flavours
Brown Toast, Cinnamon, Custard, Eggnog, Cardamom, Sugar, Toast, Vanilla, Coriander, Spicy, Sweet, Baked Bread, Brown Sugar, Butter, Maple, Nutmeg, Spices, Pancake Syrup, Lemon, Clove, Lemon Zest, Burnt Sugar, Cake, Smooth, Tea, Sugarcane, Caramel, Malt, Creamy, Butterscotch, Maple Syrup, Pastries, Coconut, Nuts, Orange, Earth, Artificial, Cream, Coriander Seed, Frosting, Orange Zest
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

We take French toast very seriously around here. Which is why we created this sweet and buttery cardamom-spiced black tea with a dusting of cinnamon and cane sugar. It’s rich. It’s spicy. And it tastes just like the decadent breakfast of our dreams. Only this is one brunch tea you’ll be craving all day long.

Black tea, cinnamon, lemon peel, coriander seeds, cardamom, coconut sugar, cane sugar, natural and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really really enjoy this tea! Thanks to the magic of some decent strength artificial/natural flavors and complementary ingredients, they really nailed the french toast taste, even the eggy flavor. David’s is known for getting rid of teas, even well-loved ones, so I’ll be stockpiling this whenever I get a chance.

Flavors: Brown Toast, Cinnamon, Custard, Eggnog

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
tea-sipper

Welcome to Steepster. :D

EstrafaDC

Start stockpiling! It only seems to be in their sampler on their website!

What I smell: caramelized sugar, cardamom

What I taste: candied lemon peel, cardamom

Notes: I love the idea of this tea, but it’s not as full-bodied as I would like. It’s not buttery, which I expected from the french toast part of the name. I do appreciate the cardamom and that the listed cinnamon doesn’t play a big role in this tea.

A lovely warm tea. Cinnamon and cardamom without being a “spice” tea. Tastes a lot like Golden Grahams but in tea form.

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Sugar, Toast, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

This continues to be one of my favorite teas. Perfectly sweet, cozy cardamom goodness. A bit of oat milk, and it’s the perfect cup of fall for me.

A very yummy chai that does remind me of the warm spices and sweetness of french toast. This one brews pretty strong so you don’t need a lot of tea for it to be good. I drink it without anything added but it would make a delicious chai latte.

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coriander, Spicy, Sweet

I enjoyed this tea overall, but the flavor of the cardamom and the cinnamon lingered in my mouth for too long after.
I had a difficult time deciding how to review this tea because when you sip it, it has a beautiful flavor that can surely compare to that of french toast. I can taste the baked buttery bread, the sugar and of course the cinnamon and cardamon. After however, I just had this taste of pure cinnamon and cardamon in my mouth. It is very possible that I simply had too much of the cinnamon and cardamon when I was brewing it and another cup might be different.

While I do enjoy cinnamon as a flavor, as well as cardamon, it was too much for me for an aftertaste.
While this is a tea I may not be purchasing large quantities of, I would still enjoy it if I had a sample package or if I got a few individual bags because as I said the flavor of the tea itself is wonderful.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Brown Sugar, Cardamom, Cinnamon

I’ve been working on sipdowns still and not buying a lot of new teas. I got a few… 4, I think, from David’s Tea for the first time order because Chase offered a big rebate for a short time. The clock was ticking. How could I resist that? :P Bleh. lol I also got a few free samples, which is nice.

I think this one is my favorite so far. The only thing is that it’s far too sweet for me (stevia leaf) but luckily after a good rinse, it worked out for me.

It’s very cinnamony but in a good way because it really goes well with the cardamon. It has a toast-like flavor and it tastes like French toast. Bready, creamy, cinnamony is the way I would describe it. Some nutmeg and others notes as well. I think the other reviews covered this tea well. I kind of see it the way Daylon wrote about it that it probably deserves a higher rating. For me, it’s because I do not have a lot of experience with flavored teas until recently (I blame Cameron and tea-sipper for their great tea care packages lol) so I still have problems determining a rating system for flavored teas.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Maple, Nutmeg, Spices, Toast

I gotta say-this makes an awesome sachet tea…that I am addicted to. It makes for an awesome lunch pick me up, and a good morning pick me up. The sugary notes are prominent, and whatever they use for the french toast background and deep vanilla makes this so frickin welcoming. Oversteeping it can make it into a mess of syrupy brown sugar cardamom malt, but more water or shorter steep times than the standard three minutes or 8 oz for every bag does the trick for me. It also grants me three to four very drinkable cups, despite how faint the flavoring and malt get. The black base is also good-I wonder what varietal it is.

My tea snob senses to rate it more in the 80’s, but my love of cardamom and brown sugar tastes pushes it in the 90s for me.

Sipdown! 166/365!

I can’t believe I don’t have a note for this tea. I’ve drank tons of it; it’s a favourite! Must have come out during the Great Unlogged Period or whatever it should be called. Anyways, I just finished off a 50g tin of it, and I’m concerned that that was the last of it that I had… I know I have (had?) another tin of it somewhere, from a gift set, but I think I shamefully forgot to pick up an extra 50g or so before it disappeared. Very sad, because this is one of my tea indulgences, called such because of the included sugar, which I generally frown on. But, it worked here, for a cinnamon/cardamom toast vibe (obviously what they were going for).

Ok, I pause this review because… I just checked the DT site and it’s there! Hurrah! I’ll hold off on picking it up until later, but this is excellent news.

Anyways, this tea is a delightful cinnamony/cardamomy sweet blend of deliciousness. I think I even get a bit of a toast flavour, but it could also just be my imagination. I find it odd that the nutritional info says it is 0 calories, since there is actual sugar in the blend, but whatever, it’s still going to be way less than most drinks. So it’s an indulgence. (And it’s still around, yay!)

ETA: Turns out I have loads of this tea. Good thing I didn’t buy more.

Another sample from Ost. Thanks so much! It’s been a sipdown sort of day. Whoa this one is just drowning in sugar. Luckily even more didn’t dissolve in the first cup, as the second steep became much more tame and bearable… and delicious. The second steep even with nine minutes, was much more mellow and smooth with a nice balance of the black tea and spices. A balanced blend of spices on a not-too-weak black base. Not just the sugar drowning everything in the first cup. This is middle of the pack Davids blend for me. It would be much better without all that sugar (or maybe it was just my sample that had so much). But I’d rather reach for S&V’s AMAZING Apple Cinnamon French Toast or 52Teas Coconut French Toast with Cardamom Maple syrup (which has many of the same flavor ideas as this one.)
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 18 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 9 minute steep
2019 sipdowns: 26 (This & T2’s Banana Bake)

Evol Ving Ness

Yeah, this one is chock full of sugar. Good though.

Kittenna

Yeah, I didn’t mind the sugar here but generally thing pre-sugaring blends reduces their audience (Also, mine caked up badly in a tin I had while my office was humid. Ugh.)