Matcha Tea
Blueberry, Artificial, Bitter, Sweet, Umami, Grass, Hay, Pancake Syrup, Pastries
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
160 °F / 71 °C 8 oz / 236 ml

2 Images

• “My late entry for National Find a Rainbow Day. It probably seems like cheating to just pick matcha, but I really thought this one was going to be blue. Turns out it’s a beautiful and vibrant...” Read full tasting note
  • “#adventageddon Day Six – 3/5 A bit of a “simpler” matcha compared to the others I’ve pulled from Bird and Blend so far, but it was really nice. Smooth texture, medium bodied flavour – definitely...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 2 – Matcha Advent Not an awful lot of foam going on but I imagine that’s due to it being a blend of powders due to the acai. The foam I did create disappeared anyway after a few seconds. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another matcha chocolate from DAVIDsTEA today, so I’m sipping down one of my B&B mini tins from a couple of years ago. This one sounded nice enough, with blueberry and açai flavors. I...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Bird & Blend’s Super Matcha contains rare and unique white matcha, grown at higher elevations to ensure an antioxidant boosted, even more nutrient rich cup.

Japanese matcha green tea powder with acai powder and blueberry oil.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

My late entry for National Find a Rainbow Day. It probably seems like cheating to just pick matcha, but I really thought this one was going to be blue. Turns out it’s a beautiful and vibrant green, so basically the color of a typical matcha. It still works for today’s theme. Or rather Saturday’s theme. I really wanted a latte but all I had was coconut milk and I think it’s overtaking the other flavors. I’m pretty confident I tasted some blueberry though before I added the milk.

Flavors: Blueberry

#adventageddon Day Six – 3/5

A bit of a “simpler” matcha compared to the others I’ve pulled from Bird and Blend so far, but it was really nice. Smooth texture, medium bodied flavour – definitely very blueberry tasting, but not really acai!? It’s kind of sweet and jammy blueberry, much like DT’s, but a lot less sweet and sugary – so it would be great for someone who likes that blueberry flavour but maybe doesn’t want all of the sugar.

It’s one I’m gonna keep in mind for myself for future orders…

Day 2 – Matcha Advent

The scent is similar to it’s raw form though not quite as sweet, though the blueberry is still very prominent.

Wow! My first sip was spectacular! Oodles of fresh blueberry exploded in my mouth with sweet and juicy notes before leading to a slightly astringent and dry after taste, which then lightens to leave the blueberry dancing on the tongue.

Even as it cools slightly the sweet tones are smooth and so easy to drink.

I didn’t expect to enjoy this blend so much if I’m honest. The flavour was so strong yet so good that I feel left out from not trying it sooner.

It might not have been foamy, but it was delicious!

For pictures and more info please visit my blog

Another matcha chocolate from DAVIDsTEA today, so I’m sipping down one of my B&B mini tins from a couple of years ago. This one sounded nice enough, with blueberry and açai flavors. I prepared it straight, with about a teaspoon of matcha to 8 ounces of milk.

It came out quite brown, which is not encouraging. I know B&B used to use green and white teas in their matcha base, I wonder if that’s still true. The photos on the website certainly look much greener, and I don’t see “Mixology Matcha” listed anymore.

Anyway! It’s not great. It has a lot of bitterness to it, and a very grassy flavor. The flavors are nice enough, I definitely get blueberry but it’s somewhat subtle. There’s a bit of hay as well, probably from the white tea? Overall it’s just too much bitterness for me.

Today’s jam is Raspberry-Redcurrant Spread. I’ve never had red currants plain, only mixed with other red fruits. I assume that they’re tart? Anyway the jam is mostly raspberry, with perhaps some extra tartness involved. It’s delicious but I’m not sure I’d know there’s anything but raspberry here!

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI56irkAw4b/)

Flavors: Bitter, Blueberry, Grass, Hay

175 °F / 79 °C 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Martin Bednář

They are kind of tart, but sweet as well. We often combine raspberries with redcurrants in homemade syrups.

Cameron B.

I saw some at a grocery store once, but they were highly expensive so I didn’t buy them. XD

A Berry Frui-tea July! I decided to finally try out one of the flavored matchas from the tiny little matcha sampler tins I picked up from my last Bird & Blend (back when they were still Bluebird) order. I decided to go with the Super Matcha, since it is blueberry flavored and I’m going for the whole fruity theme.

Since I still haven’t endeavored to learn to whisk my own matcha yet, I typically put the half teaspoon of matcha and a half cup of 175 degree water into my milk frother (without the frothing attachment so it’ll just mix with the centrifugal force) on the “cold” setting (since the water has already been heated in my kettle). After the matcha is done, I transfer it to my mug, then put about a cup of vanilla almond milk into the milk frother, and let that run on the “warm” setting, add that to the mug, and give the mug a vigorous spoon-stir. I also added about half a teaspoon of honey to this latte.

The result of this matcha latte was blueberry muffin in a cup. It was very thick, rich, and creamy, and I was surprised it had such a strong, full blueberry flavor that lingered on the roof of my mouth, very sweet, with the slightest touch of berry tanginess, and reminescent of blueberry pancake syrup. The vanilla in the milk and touch of honey sweetness just added to the pastry-like flavor of the cup. It was really nice! I wasn’t really picking up any of the grassier notes of matcha, but then, I also made this cup with a lot of sweet additives, so that is what I was going for here. I don’t really have any complaints about how it turned out, at all.

Flavors: Blueberry, Pancake Syrup, Pastries, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C

087/365

This was last night’s latte, and I’m going to say straight off that it’s the best flavoured matcha I’ve ever tried. Brewed, this is like drinking liquid blueberry muffin – it’s absolutely spot-on juicy/sweet/slightly tart blueberry, and that’s one thing, but there’s also a deliciously creamy, cake-like flavour that I absolutely wasn’t expecting. I can’t even imagine where it came from, if I’m honest, but I hope every cup of this is as good.

If you like dessert teas, you really need to try this one. It’s amazing.