A Stellar Masala Chai!

I really love a good Masala chai and am very picky about it. Roch-cha Chai is positively perfect! It is an authentic Masala chai recipe that comes from the owner of Happy Earth Tea who is a native of India.

This is a high quality Masala chai that is well balanced and delicious. The Assam base is a solid, top quality, organic, whole leaf tea. And the spices exemplify the Goldilocks principle – They’re just right! So many Masala chai blends go nuts with the cinnamon thereby muting the other spices. This Masala chai allows the wonderful ginger, clove and cardamom to shine with each spice complementing the others perfectly.

All ingredients are 100% organic too. This will be my go to Masala chai for sure! I love Happy Earth Tea!

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

“Anyone who has used that comforting phrase ‘a nice cup of tea’ invariably means Indian tea.” – George Orwell

Darjeeling is the tea that inspired me to begin my beautiful journey through the wide world of tea and will always reign supreme in my tea pantry! My first tea love, so to speak. I positively adore a truly great Darjeeling – Especially a good muscatel second flush! Autumn flush Darjeelings, I believe, have been under appreciated. I quite love them as well.

Indian tea is my overall preference, and second only to Darjeeling comes my next great tea love – Assam. Assam tea, especially a great second flush, single estate Assam can be exquisite. A malty, fruity and sweet, high quality, tippy Assam with subtle notes of cocoa sends me into tea ecstasy!

Apart from Indian tea, I cannot resist an excellent Keemun or Yunnan Dianhong tea. I must also admit to an appreciation of fine Ceylon teas – Especially high-grown Ceylons and top drawer low grown Ceylons like New Vithanakande – Fantastic! Ceylon teas make superb iced tea, I think.

As far as scented teas go I particularly love Earl Grey tea blends as well as black currant, vanilla, caramel, almond, floral and spice flavored teas. There is nothing better than a really good Masala chai!

I tend to enjoy rich and robust breakfast blends too – Love a nice English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast tea. Though I generally stay away from most bagged teas, I think that Yorkshire Tea, especially Yorkshire Gold, from Taylors of Harrogate is a delicious British brew!

I’m quite fond of various herbal teas too – Crazy about rooibos!

Organic tea is my preference whenever possible.

Richmond, Virginia, USA