relaxed remembrance
the warm breeze moves as sunshine,
illuminating

ephemeral love
she sings from the branch — come close!
a blossom returned

we sway, a fond touch
tumbled by swirls of sweet breath
the warm scent of spring

the moment is soft
as we’re blown away, linger
we will dance again

Yes, haiku day was yesterday but I can’t force inspiration.

Mastress Alita

I’d be happy if every day were haiku day on here. :-D

derk

That’d be keen. You’ve given me something to knock about in my empty gourd.

Daylon R Thomas

I second Haiku
Like in Ghost of Tsushima
As I write; drink tea

and <3 to you

tea-sipper

A lovely haiku! Even if a day late (and I’m reading it 4 days late). :D

Thank you (and I’m responding to you 3 days late). :P

Comments

Mastress Alita

I’d be happy if every day were haiku day on here. :-D

derk

That’d be keen. You’ve given me something to knock about in my empty gourd.

Daylon R Thomas

I second Haiku
Like in Ghost of Tsushima
As I write; drink tea

and <3 to you

tea-sipper

A lovely haiku! Even if a day late (and I’m reading it 4 days late). :D

Thank you (and I’m responding to you 3 days late). :P

If you’re an aspiring or current tea grower, let’s talk! I am slowly beginning a tea farm here in Northern California. Currently growing are young plants pulled from the ground and gifted to me after a visit to Fairhope Tea Plantation in Alabama. The parent plants are sinensis variety from a defunct Lipton research project. I’ve also started seeds from Camellia Forest Nursery in North Carolina. The types include Camellia taliensis, an assamica variety, and 3 sinensis varieties including “Small leaf” “Large leaf” and “Black Sea.” To learn how to process tea into different styles, I plan on traveling to China and Taiwan if/when COVID becomes a relative non-issue. I’m taking Mandarin classes to aid in this journey.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came, following a lone tin of some Tie Guan Yin oolong many years prior, in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

One thing I will always love is riding a bicycle.

Sonoma County, California, USA