drank Peppermint by two leaves and a bud

Every coffee counter at every large medical facility is the same: oversized Costco muffins and pastries and bagels, bags of chips and M&Ms, ‘granola’ bars. You’d think with the way Kaiser promotes healthy eating that such items wouldn’t be available inside their facilities. I opted for a breakfast burrito from this fine establishment. I knew it would be the most basic egg, potato and cheese log ever crafted by a human but I was HONGRAY.

My radar is always pinging for tea and the innocuous ‘two leaves and a bud’ sign pinged back. The Doctor Coffee counter had a selection, even! But only 1 bag left of Peppermint. I hesitated. You know when you’re sharing an appetizer and the lone piece of cripsy calamari remains? The “No, no you take it” back-and-forth bullshit, and that poor squid who gave its life for your sustenance gets cold and soggy because everybody’s too damn polite to pop the last piece in their mouth. Yeah, no. Do not hesitate. Give me that last Peppermint sachet! It’s mine! I have to settle the upcoming gurgles from a subpar burrito and the ensuing intestinal rot from these antibiotics waging war. You know what I’m talking about and I’m not sorry. We’re all human.

There’s a reason why this is my absolute favorite peppermint leaf. It is by far the cleanest, least herbaceous and stewy, most mentholated and sweet peppermint I’ve ever had. Powerful stuff. Not for sissies.

Flavors: Menthol, Peppermint, Sweet

Martin Bednář

I agree, it’s one of the finest peppermint I had. Close behind is Celestial Seasonings I brewed myself (second bag from you) JUST yesterday. Need to finish this one too. Once I will cook something heavy again, as yesterday deep fried celery root (experiment by other family members)… it will come.

gmathis

Well, you just shot my “eh, peppermint is peppermint” assumption to smithereens!

Mmm cheese log! XD

White Antlers

Agreed. I always have a box of this in the pantry. It kicks ass.
Hope you get sorted out and feel better soon.

Mastress Alita

I’m the asshole that will unabashedly take the last of whatever is sitting in the breakroom. None of that slicing it in half BS either.

Leafhopper

Your review inspired me to finally try this tea! I enjoyed it, though I may need to use two teaspoons instead of one.

Lexie Aleah

I really likw some of the teas from this company.

ashmanra

I need to buy this for Superanna, then. She loves peppermint tea,

Cameron B.

I looked for this at the store today! They had a few teas from this company, but unfortunately this wasn’t one of them… :(

TeaEarleGreyHot

But M&Ms are healthy eating…

derk

Gosh, I’m way behind with these comments. Leafhopper, the loose leaf isn’t as fresh as I would have liked. The past few nights I’ve been brewing 2tsp to 300-350mL and it’s been up to par.

Comments

Martin Bednář

gmathis

Mmm cheese log! XD

White Antlers

Agreed. I always have a box of this in the pantry. It kicks ass.
Hope you get sorted out and feel better soon.

Mastress Alita

Leafhopper

Lexie Aleah

I really likw some of the teas from this company.

ashmanra

I need to buy this for Superanna, then. She loves peppermint tea,

TeaEarleGreyHot

But M&Ms are healthy eating…

derk

Tea Habits:

Among my favorites are sheng puerh, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, all teas Nepali, herbals, Wuyi yancha. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags. Hold the milk and sugar unless we’re talking masala chai.

In my late teens, home-brewed unsweetened Lipton iced tea was the drink of choice to combat cottonmouth. The following years saw the appearance of the odd box of tea from Trader Joe’s. About 4 years ago, walking out of the parking garage where I kept my motorcycle, I came across a move-out dumpster treasure: single serve packets of what I can look back now and say was Wuyi yancha. Yes, I drank dumpstered tea and honestly, that’s what blew the doors wide open.

Preference Reference
“That’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again. Some could be great daily drinkers.

59-1: Lacking several elements, strangely clunky, possesses off flavors/aroma/texture or something about it makes me not want to finish.

Character Rundown:

Boring pandemic hermit whose only current hobbies besides tasting tea are skateboarding and learning herbalism. Will update as the times change.

Sonoma County, California, USA