drank Peppermint Stick by Cuppa Geek

Advent Day 8, From the Depths of the Grab Bag.

Hey y’all. The housemate wanted me to introduce her to Steepster as Kiki. That’s actually her name.

“[The packet smells like] peppermint and uhhhh maybe some vanilla. Some kind of holiday blend.

You know, it’s been a really rough week. lots of joking

Smells like uh Christmas, the cookies, the peppermint sticks. It’s like a Christmas cookie.

It’s got the peppermint. sip Did I say that already? sip Kinda buttery. lottasips This is really good. I like this one. I recommend it. I like it. I’d rate it a 9 and a half. Yeah. It’d be really good with some brandy in it or something. Cognac, some kind of alcohol. Chocolate, it’s got chocolate in there, chocolatey, buttery, pepperminty. It’s like a Thin Mint. burrp Ope, she’s gonna put my burp in there now. She likes that. burrrrp HAHA! It’s like I could lick the bowl!"

Courtney

Buttery, peppermint, and chocolate? Yum!

derk

I know! She wouldn’t let me taste it, haha.

gmathis

I cheated and scratched the labels. I have that one!

Comments

Courtney

Buttery, peppermint, and chocolate? Yum!

derk

I know! She wouldn’t let me taste it, haha.

gmathis

I cheated and scratched the labels. I have that one!

If you’re an aspiring or current tea grower, let’s talk! I am slowly beginning a tea farm here in Northern California. Currently growing are young plants pulled from the ground and gifted to me after a visit to Fairhope Tea Plantation in Alabama. The parent plants are sinensis variety from a defunct Lipton research project. I’ve also started seeds from Camellia Forest Nursery in North Carolina. The types include Camellia taliensis, an assamica variety, and 3 sinensis varieties including “Small leaf” “Large leaf” and “Black Sea.” To learn how to process tea into different styles, I plan on traveling to China and Taiwan if/when COVID becomes a relative non-issue. I’m taking Mandarin classes to aid in this journey.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came, following a lone tin of some Tie Guan Yin oolong many years prior, in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

One thing I will always love is riding a bicycle.

Sonoma County, California, USA