drank 2018 Arbor White by white2tea

Like the 2018 Arbor Red, I steeped the white version over the course of two days, though I did not take notes.

At this point, the oxidation is developing well and the tea is veering into malty white territory. It has a distinct character different from the few other white tea cakes I’ve tried, not so much red fruit tasting. First several steeps were the best, being thick, heavy, and sweet, with a creamy and floral component that was almost coconutty. Autumn leaf and malty backbone and hints of apricot and tropical fruits. One infusion was pure, dark honey. Tonal tea overall. A western steep of 2g in 8oz water off boil fell very flat in comparison to gongfu.

A great tea, especially for those looking for depth and complexity in a white cake. I agree with White2Tea’s description that Arbor White deserves an immersive session. Thanks so much for the sample, Togo :)

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Coconut, Creamy, Floral, Heavy, Honey, Malt, Metallic, Petrichor, Sweet, Thick, Tropical, Vanilla, Wood

Boiling 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML