drank Bada Wolf Sheng by JalamTeas

Today, I noticed some new range of aromas in this tea, among them bog, kerosene, and persimmon. It has quite a cooling and perfumy aroma I’d say.

I overbrewed it somewhat, but it never got too astringent. There is a good balance of tart, sweet, bitter and herbaceous flavours. It is still floral with honey notes, but the sweetness wasn’t as pervasive this time and at times it was more sugary. In some of the steeps in the middle of the session, I also detected notable mineral and marine notes (a mixture of clams and saline).

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Herbaceous, Honey, Marine, Perfume, Salt, Sugar, Sweet, Tart

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Bratislava, Slovakia