drank 2018 Snoozefest by white2tea

Another year in Snoozefest’s life. The aroma is still quite muted, but towards the end of the session it is quite fruity with notes of tomato vine and grapes. The taste is likewise bitter and astringent as before. Nevertheless, there is a lot of sweetness, herbal spiciness too. I also detected some hints of licorice root, cape gooseberry. Interestingly, the aftertaste has a bit of umami and butter flavours going on, but ultimately the floral sweetness dominates.

Flavors: Apricot, Astringent, Bitter, Butter, Grapes, Herbaceous, Lavender, Licorice, Plant Stems, Spicy, Umami

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Bratislava, Slovakia