drank Noël à Londres by Dammann Freres

Advent Calendar – Day 16

Sweetness and Cinnamon are the main story here for me. I do taste a little fruitiness and a hint of almond maybe but I’m afraid that’s really all I get from Noel a Londre. It’s a lovely tea but not one I see myself reaching for. I’m so glad I tried it and I enjoyed my cup but it was like a date with someone you know is nice but you have no chemistry. It was a “nice guy” kind of tea for me. I won’t miss it but I enjoyed my time drinking it. I think it might be the perfect tea for someone else who loves cinnamon though since it’s light and nicely done so I hate to give it a mediocre review.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA