drank Noël à Pékin by Dammann Freres

Advent calendar – day 11
Such a delicious tea! I forgot to look this one up so I brewed it a bit higher than I would have if I had realized it was a black/green blend, but it was very forgiving and turned out just fine. I will try at a lower temperature next time just to be sure but thankfully, it is fabulous as is.

This one is so bright it seems. The jasmine tea is really lovely with the passion fruit and pineapple. I also get some mango but that might be the combination of the first 3 that makes it feel exotic and sunny. Very tropical. It’s a wonderful pause amongst all the dessert teas I love so much in the winter. It would be a great tea to drink in the middle of the cherry blossom season, or in the summer, or basically anytime!

I love Lupicia’s fruity oolongs like the peach momo oolong supergrade and the mango one, but this is different. It’s more flowery than those, more blended and layered. Just delicious! Definitely on my “must buy” list.

Flavors: Flowers, Jasmine, Mango, Passion Fruit, Pineapple

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA