The MS website says this tea doesn’t “taste” like milk, but instead “feels” like milk. Being vegan, I haven’t had cow’s milk in many, many years, but I can see how this has a milk “feel”. It’s perhaps slightly creamier than other green oolongs and there’s a sweetness at the end of the sip that makes me think of the leftover sugary milk at the end of a bowl of cereal I enjoyed as a child (in a very subtle way). Naturally, the vegetal flavour of a green oolong is there, but it’s fairly muted in this tea. An enjoyable cuppa, all round!

Also, we are going to see Bill Nye tonight and I just had to tell someone because we’re so excited!

cube

yay, another vegan tea fan! enjoy Bill Nye!

beerandbeancurd

Vegan tea drinking Bill Nye fan checking in, hell yeah! WE ARE LEGION.

Courtney

Yas! :) ❤

Comments

cube

yay, another vegan tea fan! enjoy Bill Nye!

beerandbeancurd

Vegan tea drinking Bill Nye fan checking in, hell yeah! WE ARE LEGION.

Courtney

Yas! :) ❤

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug. I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted/green and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens (mango or pineapple, yum!).

Likes:
Raspberry, strawberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, blackcurrant, redcurrant, fig, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, jasmine, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

she/her

Last updated January 2023.

Canada