drank Royal Blend by Fortnum & Mason

One of Lexa’s friends brought this back when she was last in the UK and I figured I would make it this afternoon in the interest of a sipdown (this is my last easy one). Though I maybe should’ve waited until the season 4 premier of The Crown.

This is a somewhat intense black breakfast-ish tea. It’s definitely got some astringency and would probably be better with milk and/or sugar. I maaay add some frothed almond milk, but also I’m a bit lazy to get off the couch haha!

My partner and I live with our bunnies: Callie and Ben, and cats: Freyja and Ivan. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada