Chocolate Earl Grey (formerly Bergamot Kisses)

Bergamot, Caramel, Chocolate, Milk, Spicy, White Chocolate
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

This tea was formerly named Bergamot Kisses.

Spend some quality time with this romantic black tea. It’s got decadent white and dark chocolate, plus silky caramel for a touch of sweetness. Dreamy rosebuds to add a flirty floral pop. And a refreshing hint of citrusy bergamot to keep you on your toes. Rich, chocolaty and delicately rosy, it’s a twist on Earl Grey worth falling for – especially when you try it as a tea latte.

How it tastes

Rich, creamy and decadent chocolate flavour with aromatic notes of citrus and rose

What makes it great

● A romantic twist on the classic bergamot black tea.

● Whip it up as a frothy tea latte and get ready to fall head over heels. .

● The perfect way to treat yourself… or someone else. .

● Limited edition.

50 g of this tea makes around 10-12 16 oz cups of hot tea and 5-7 16 oz cups of iced tea.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea wasn’t great. I had considered buying 2 oz but am glad I got it as part of a sampler instead! On my first cup, it tasted generically desserty with some milk. I guess I tasted a little bergamot and a little chocolate, but really it was all pretty mild. When I tried it a second time, it sort of tasted peppery and weird. Someone else tried it and said it tasted vaguely perfumey. I’m glad it’s gone!

A friend just brought a sample of this over for me to try! She warned me that it had stevia, but that it didn’t taste like stevia. So far I’m finding that to be true! It smells very chocolate caramel like when steeped. When sipping I taste bergamot, but it is rounded and doesn’t have that bite some berg has. I’m attributing it to the caramel notes. The finish is almost more mandarin and the chocolate comes in too. So far I’m liking it. The flavors are very floral and aromatic. As the cup cools slightly I notice a sour tinge which could be stevia or could be citrus… hard to say for sure, but overall I enjoyed this cup. Not sure that it is something I’d purchase, but I’d definitely have another cup.

A warm chocolate hug. Use chocolate oat milk to make it a latte and i am in heaven

SET

I’ve been interested in trying this tea since it initially came out, but always hesitated because of the stevia. I brewed it up this morning while getting ready for work and was met with a strong burst of bergamot and some caramel notes. The first few sips were very enjoyable and I couldn’t taste any stevia. It cooled slightly and I could no longer taste any bergamot, only caramel, chocolate, and the dreaded stevia. I was shocked by how drastically the flavor changed in such a short amount of time.

As with the last two teas I reviewed, I never know what to really expect from David’s Tea. This has definitely turned out to be a dessert/special occasion tea that won’t be used every day.

The bergamot flavour is intense, possibly the most potent of any Earl Grey I’ve tried. I literally cannot taste the black tea though as the blend is so loaded with bold ingredients! The most dominant flavours, aside from the citrus notes, are chocolate, caramel, and milk — very sweet and creamy. Mouth feel is thick, silky, and smooth, with an almost peppermint-like cooling sensation accompanying a spicy bergamot aftertaste. I think this is the perfect tea for people who tend to add milk and sugar to their tea, as it has both of those added already.

Surprisingly, I would order this again, but if anything I’d wait until winter. It’s probably the best hybrid between a hot chocolate and tea that I’ve drunk, can picture sipping it next to the fireplace on a cold evening.

Flavors: Bergamot, Caramel, Chocolate, Milk, Spicy

This tea has a strong, but gentle flavor. It isn’t bitter, but there’s a distinct bite of spice that welcomes you with every sip. I’ll be buying more as this is a very enjoyable tea.

Kittenna

I picked up more of this – it’s a nice twist on an earl grey!

Stopped into DT’s to try samples.

This dry leaf smelled just greaaaaaaat. But steeped, it is just one big stevia OY!

So, sadly, no.

(DavidsTea already recorded)

B is for… Bergamot Kisses!

This note is for a bag of Bergamot Kisses that I have in my stash – possibly the first purchase I made of it (it’s from Feb 2019). I think I have at least 2-3 bags of Bergamot Kisses, plus more of Chocolate Earl Grey. It’s so hard to keep things straight!

The tea in this bag is still quite strongly flavoured – heavy on the bergamot and chocolate, quite light on the rose. A nice combination.

As I drank this tea, I was comparing it to two others: Cream of Earl Grey and Vanilla Bergamot. Bergamot Kisses is not as good as the former, but better than the latter. For my first cup, I overreacted to a strong bitter flavour in early sips and added too much rock sugar, which wasn’t enjoyable either; for my second cup, I added cream and a little ice, which was nice!

Flavors: Bergamot, White Chocolate

Someone made a pot of this at the office today, and I managed to snag a small teacup from it to sip on in an earlier meeting today. I wish I would have seen how she brewed it, because this was the nicest cup of it that I’ve ever drank – floral bergamot and rose with gentle chocolate and caramel notes. Smooth, cozy, and shockingly well balanced. I typically find this tea really busy with too many competitive flavours, and sometimes a little perfumey but if every cup tasted like this one I’d probably be a much bigger fan…

tea-sipper

That’s one of the reasons tea is so appealing to me – vastly different results depending on so many steeping parameters. A tea you don’t like brewed one way, you could love brewed another way. Also, I finally finished the 100 and oh man, all types of heartbreaking. sigh.