Apéro Spritz

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Pinapple, Lemon, Orange, Passionfruit, Pomegranate Seeds, Sunflower Petals
Bitter, Citrus, Candy, Lemon, Orange, Passion Fruit, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart, Apple
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by SarahTheMascara

From DAVIDsTEA

What to do when you’re lounging in the late afternoon sun? Sip this refreshing apéritif-inspired fruit infusion – a sweet and vibrant sunset-coloured blend with grown-up notes of bitter orange rind. It’s light, juicy and will leave you feeling bubbly all over. For an elegant treat, serve it chilled in champagne flutes with a delicious assortment of cheese and fresh fruits. Cheers!

Ingredients:
Candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), apple (apple, citric acid), orange, beetroot, lemon, passion fruit, sunflower petals, pomegranate seeds, natural and artificial flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

2021 Sipdown 14/365!
(DavidsTea 39)

I think this is from DT’s summer 2018 collection, one that I missed while in the fog of pregnancy. I was lucky enough to end up with a couple teas from that year through various sources, but definitely missed some. Anyhow, I had a 25g packet of this and felt it would be best as iced tea, so it’s the latest pitcher we now have in the fridge.

I’m often not a fan of teas that are trying to be alcoholic beverages, as I dislike the flavour of alcohol, but this one mostly smelled kind of floral and lightly citrussy. The flavour is much the same – the citrus is very sweet and light. It’s kind of like… clementine? I suspect the sweetness is from the sugared pineapple in the ingredients. And there’s a good amount of general floralness to the tea as well. It’s not bad, and doesn’t taste particularly alcoholic. But, I like many other iced teas more so it’s completely fine that this was my one shot at it.

(I just checked the ingredients, and passion fruit is included, which actually makes a lot of sense here, and might be the floral source that I can’t place.)

ETA: I see people are noting bitterness… maybe if I try really hard I can imagine it, but it’s not a defining flavour(?) for me at all. It’s obviously a bit old, so maybe that had an impact.

Tiffany :)

Oh I love this tea, one of my favorite fruity teas of all-time from DT! :)

I really want to buy some of David’s retiring blends but I don’t want to pay $10 shipping. Maybe there will be another free shipping code soon, as I also don’t want to buy $50 worth of tea to get to the free shipping.
Thanks so much for the swap, AJ Rimmer! This is one of the retiring blends, but I can’t say I feel the need to stock up on this one. It’s tasty enough for a fruity blend, but nothing special. Many big orange pieces! So it’s mostly bright, fruity, refreshing, but there is also that note of splenda or maybe it’s like orange flavoring… it reminds me of Vitamin C or something. So a big mug of citrus, orange and tart. I also drank it last night, so at this point my memory is hazy. Not the worst fruity tea I’ve tried. Also, Teavivre now has some new fruity blends that sound pretty good… but I realized I haven’t even tried their older fruity blends that they have sold for years.
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug // just boiled // 2 minute steep

A nice bittery citrus.

Flavors: Bitter, Citrus

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Home – 10:00 PM

After that last one, I purposefully picked something that I expected to be tart.

This one is pretty tasty. And it brews up such a lovely light coral color! It’s sweeter than I expected, but it is nicely balanced by tartness. Sweet orange is the primary flavor, with some more tropical fruits in the background. Perhaps pineapple and passion fruit. There’s also a bit of lemon here, and a touch of balancing bitterness.

This tisane is really reminding me of Pixie Stix right now. Probably the orange ones? Which sounds weird but is actually quite tasty if you’re in the mood for a fruity tisane. :P

Flavors: Bitter, Candy, Lemon, Orange, Passion Fruit, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
So Keta

This sounds delicious, is it one of their blends with added sugar though?

Cameron B.

It doesn’t list sweetener specifically, but it does have candied pineapple.

So Keta

Fair enough, I’m sure that’s what makes it so sweet.

I’ve had a sample of this before, and since it’s being retired (at least the website said it was, but it doesn’t explicitly say it now) I figured I’d grab 2 oz while I still can. The flavor is a light orange. It’s quite refreshing either hot or cold, but I think I might prefer it hot. It doesn’t taste like watered down juice. It’s sweet and fulfilling. I think I’ll raise the rating a bit.

Roswell Strange

This one was only limited edition; originally in stores last summer and then brought back as an online exclusive for New Year’s. I’m with you though; I strongly prefer this one hot over iced.

Kittenna

My tea list informs me that I have some of this. I should try it!

AJRimmer

Definitely do, it’s great!
And Roswell, thanks for the info! It’s too bad this one’s not permanent.

I love the bitterness of this blend. It’s very fruity, but the pomegranate stands out the most for me (aside from the bitter orange note). It’s great over ice. To my surprise, this is one of the best DT blends I’ve had this year.

I thought I would dislike this, but I actually love it.

Some delicious orange, pineapple, passion fruit, and lemon. There is a sweetness and a very tasty juice flavour. There is a creamy quality here, too. This makes a great plain iced tea, but is also nice with a touch of sweetener. Unlike many of DT’s herbals, this isn’t sour and hibiscus-heavy.

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Lemon, Orange, Passion Fruit, Sweet

Iced

Cold Brew!

I feel like I do this every fucking time where I make this cold brew, have a sip and only THEN do I remember that this is one of those DT fruit/herbal blends that I actually drastically prefer hot over iced/cold brewed. I mean, it’s definitely drinkable and I am making my way through it currently as I work on tasting notes tonight… but it’s pretty bitter and pithy, and there’s almost a waxy note to the pineapple in the blend. Your palate sort of adjusts to that as you make it through the drink, but I prefer it hot because those notes don’t come out as strongly for me when I got with a hot prep method.

But. Every. Damn. Time. I. Forgot.

Got a sample to try with my online order. Brews a beautiful bright pink color. It smells like my childhood chewable Flintstones vitamins I used to eat-and it tastes like it too! That might have been a good thing back then but it turns my stomach over now as an adult. Tried this iced.