Pink Grapefruit

Fruit Green Blend
Grapefruit, Hibiscus, Lemon, Tart
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Juicy pink grapefruit and a cup of green tea has to be one of the best breakfast to start the day, especially if you are needing a bit of a nutrient boost! This blend has both tart, tangy grapefruit and green tea and has been a massive fan fave every time we’ve re-released it!

Chinese sencha green tea, hibiscus, orange peel, red cornflowers, natural flavouring.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I have a drawer full of old Bird & Blend subscription packs. I just signed up for it again, so I’d better get cracking on drinking them! I love grapefruit and this smelled amazing in the pouch, so I pulled this one out to try.

It’s pretty good. The grapefruit flavor is nice and tastes accurate to me. But what keeps it from being amazing is a little too much hibiscus. I can appreciate that hibiscus makes sense here, since grapefruit is sour, but I would like this blend a lot more if there was about half the amount. And the green tea is a little pointless, I can’t taste it at all, but I suppose they need a base for the flavoring.

Still tasty enough though!

Flavors: Grapefruit, Hibiscus, Lemon, Tart

sample from VariaTEA from yesterday. enjoyed this one but glad i have a bit more to really pay attention to it haha

P is for… Pink Grapefruit! + Strange VariaTEA TTB: Tea #4

I’ve had this tea once before in an advent calendar, but I recently bought the matcha that’s inspired by this tea so I wanted to use the chance to try it again to refresh my memory before having the matcha.

It’s nicer than I remember, but not anything super exciting to me – just a very bright citrus note with a mix of lemony and pink grapefruit notes, with some hibiscus and then a more grassy finish from the green tea. It’s pleasant, but not something super exciting to me – and I think I’ll appreciate the flavours more in the matcha, assuming they’re similar. Excited to taste the matcha now and find out.

Well, I have returned home and the Dammann Calendar was far too big to travel with without crushing it so I left it in London and have moved on to the Bird and Blend advent. Also because I have no control, I allowed myself to open the doors from 1-14. However, since I’m only having the one cup, I decided to go with the one meant for the 14th day, this one.

It’s been a while since I have had a grapefruit but I swear this smells and tastes pretty accurate. A bit bitter/tart but with a whole lot of citrus flavour. So while I am enjoying the tea, there is also something a little off and I think it’s a twang from the citrus oil at the end of the sip.

Outside in shadow 25 degrees centigrade.

And I am drinking hot tea. I need to find out how to make iced teas.

But at least I took refreshing tea. At least I remember it was refreshing.
Red colour of tea, which should be green tea. I finally found out what the dry aroma reminds me! It is PEZ candy.

In taste it is not so great. It turned quite buttery, tart from grapefruit. But not much of grapefruit taste. Not even other citrus fruits.

Maybe bad ratio of tea/other ingredients? Dunno.

It does not taste so refreshing as two months back. Bit weird, I expected in hot water it would be better.

Maybe just too hot and I am drinking it hot.

185 °F / 85 °C 12 OZ / 350 ML