Spiced Pumpkin Pie

Black Chai Blend
Carrot, Ceylon Black Tea, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, Vanilla Pieces
Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Tannic, Pumpkin, Squash, Carrot, Vegetal, Cloves, Bitter, Spicy, Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Brown Sugar, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 11 oz / 315 ml

3 Images

• “And that’s the end of this one! (91) It’s funny that I did my pumpkin pie tea-off, and then finished off the pumpkin teas that were my least favourite, while completely ignoring the Della Terra one...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m super excited at the moment, because my Bluebird Tea Co. order arrived yesterday, and this tea is now officially back in my cupboard. It’s been too long! I also picked up samples of their other...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve been drinking this tea for a week or so but haven’t yet logged a review. It smells strongly of clove and cinnamon spice. It’s like having a warm hug from Autumn as I sniff it. Flavour wise...” Read full tasting note
  • “Additional notes: I was trying this one again (only one teaspoon of my sample left!), to see if I liked it as much as I remembered. It is better than I remembered! I don’t know if it’s the time...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Perhaps our most loved blend ever, Autumn pumpkin pie, spiced to perfection & absolute bliss as a frothy chai latte! Last year we heard rumours of our #indiePSL being the best spiced pumpkin chai in the UK… this year we are going for world pumpkin chai domination!

Made with real tea & spices, we couldn’t be more excited that our special edition autumn fave is back for another year! As always, it won’t be around for long, Teabirds & once it is gone, it’s gone… so bulk up to see you through!

Sri Lankan black tea, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, carrot, sprinkles (sugar, potato starch, maltodextrin, vegetable fat (olive), colours (E163 anthocyanins, E100 curcumin, E153 vegetable carbon)), vanilla pieces, natural flavouring.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

And that’s the end of this one! (91)

It’s funny that I did my pumpkin pie tea-off, and then finished off the pumpkin teas that were my least favourite, while completely ignoring the Della Terra one that I really did enjoy. :P

I guess now that this and DAVIDsTEA’s pumpkin chai are out of the way, I can focus on the better one?

I’m super excited at the moment, because my Bluebird Tea Co. order arrived yesterday, and this tea is now officially back in my cupboard. It’s been too long! I also picked up samples of their other autumn blends (Kung Flu Fighter!, Nuts About You, and Pudina Chai). Of these, Pudina Chai is probably the one that has me most intrigued, because I’ve never tried a mint-based chai before. There’s always a first time. The other exciting thing about my Bluebird order was that they also put in a sample of this year’s Christmas Cake blend. That got me running back to their website to see if the rest of the Christmas stuff is available yet – seriously, they have the cutest hampers this year! They’re not in stock yet, which is probably a very good thing for my bank account, but I’m eyeing one up as a present to myself.

Yay tea!

Fjellrev

Sounds über tasty!

tea-sipper

Sipping this one now – sad that not many people on Steepster have tried this one. :/

Scheherazade

It’s so good, and yet so little known. Such a shame!

I’ve been drinking this tea for a week or so but haven’t yet logged a review.

Flavour wise it’s of medium strength which features a malty yet smoky black taste, refreshing but not too strong clove, a pinch of spicy cinnamon and a sweet squash/pumpkin flavour. It’s a subtle pumpkin tea with the focus being on the spice itself but with that said I still very much like this blend.

A drop of soy milk in my second cup adds a nice creamy flavour and texture. It also smooths out the clove and it tastes more cardamom like now.

I think this is a very nice Autumn tea and I’m glad I bought a pack to try. :)

Additional notes: I was trying this one again (only one teaspoon of my sample left!), to see if I liked it as much as I remembered. It is better than I remembered! I don’t know if it’s the time of year or what, but it just WORKS. The spices are very nice, hints of squash/pumpkin even from the one piece in my infuser. The black tea is lighter but it lets the flavor shine. The cup was even an amber pumpkin orange. I’ll definitely be ordering this one. ONE teaspoon.. not even heaping. So so good.
Just boiled // 3 min // 6 min

If anyone is interested, there will definitely be a bluebirdteaco.com group order happening! A chance to try these amazing teas (haven’t tried a terrible one yet!) and split the $15-20 shipping costs. More info here: http://steepster.com/discuss/9558-bluebird-tea-co-group-order-accepting-orders

Fjellrev

A group order is a genius idea, especially for overseas stuff!

Cameron B.

I was considering this one, but then I noticed that it doesn’t even have pumpkin in OR flavoring. So how is it pumpkin…? The pieces mixed in are carrots.

tea-sipper

Yeah, before I tried it I was wondering why it didn’t have pumpkin, but there is something about the carrot that makes it taste squashy and the spices are delicious anyway. I wish they WOULD put pumpkin in the blend though (like dehydrated pumpkin pie filling!)

KittyLovesTea sent such a generous amount of this tea, I’ve been able to enjoy it again and again. I wish more pumpkin teas were available year-round. This one is so tasty.

Now I will enjoy this delicious tea with my grilled cheese sandwich with apple. :)

__Morgana__

I did not have the grilled cheese experience but it sounds delish.

Stephanie

Never had it as a kid but totally love it as an adult :)

Suziqzer

I’ve never heard of it, but sounds like a good combo. We like to dip apples in our cheese fondue.. Sweet & salty= Yum!

Another company I’ve considered an order with. Like their apple strudel & this sounds good too.

Courtney

It’s delicious! I occasionally check out their website, but I can never quite reach the free shipping threshold, so I’m holding off for now.

Suziqzer

I was considering doing their monthly box for a bit. You can request teas you would like to try and they take that into consideration when they ship to you.

I love when companies have great sales or free shipping for a time.. I’m a sucker for a good buy !

Courtney

I didn’t even know they had a monthly box hah! There are very few teas I want to order from them, ahem 2, haha! Free shipping sales suck me in too hah.

Suziqzer

I just stumbled on it when I was looking at their site. It’s called their “tasting club”. You get 3 samples (8-10 cups each) every month. I haven’t decided if I’d rather do that or just order a couple I think we would like.

Courtney

Neat! I have yet to sign up for any monthly clubs, but I’ll have to check out their website.

Courtney

Ooh the prices include postage! That in it itself makes it more tempting.

So I just ordered the DAVIDsTEA advent calendar, and used one of my rewards to get a package of Pumpkin Earl Grey after hearing good things about it on Tea with Jann. I don’t generally consider myself a fan of DAVIDsTEA because of all of the “food” type teas and teas with chocolate chunks and stevia. But it’s been several years since I tried their advent calendar, and I figured it’s time to give it another chance. Also, the cute tree box helped to push me over the edge… :P

Anyway! I was feeling a pumpkin spice sort of tea after ordering the Pumpkin Earl Grey, so I pulled this one out to steep up. Can you tell I’m ready for fall? XD

Honestly I’m finding this a bit mediocre though. And I fully admit, I’m not a big pumpkin spice person, so I’m sure that has something to do with it. But I’m mostly just getting quite a bit of clove, some cinnamon and ginger, and a generic black base. Not really picking up on the vanilla or any pumpkin notes. Maybe a teeny hint of creaminess from the vanilla if I really search for it?

Anyway, it’s fine but it doesn’t warrant its 80+ rating for me. But clearly I’m in the minority! It is also probably nearing a year old, so maybe that has something to do with it. (shrug)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Tannic

Courtney

Have you ordered (or contemplated ordering) any other advents!

Cameron B.

Ha ha, not yet! I’m thinking about Fortnum & Mason and/or Theodor just because I’ve never tried any of their teas… I think I’ll probably limit myself to at most three calendars this year, last year was too many! XD

Courtney

Oooh! I can’t wait to see your thoughts on them. :)

Sipdown 173-2021

Finished this off for Halloween. The perfect roasted pumpkin flavor. Looking forward to enjoying more next year.

A gift from Martin Bednar!

My husband only likes chai type and spiced teas as lattes usually, so I was saving this one to drink by myself. Also, I am not the world’s biggest fan of spiced teas except exactly as he likes them – made with milk and deffo some whipped cream on top! I like my spiced teas milder or appley with a really good, smooth base and not too much clove. (Hi, Kiki!)

But today for lunch I was having (canned) beef with barley soup, which is a fairly strong flavor profile and a half peanut butter sandwich with it. I thought it was just the right time to try this.

It was just perfect for that meal. The soup has a pretty strong aroma but I kept getting whiffs of the tea over it. The strength of the tea was perfect, and hearty enough to pair just beautifully. The color was nice and deep and it is quite fragrant. It may have oversteeped a little bit as I decided I wanted to build a fire to sit by during lunch and I was minimally delayed pulling the steeping basket. It didn’t seem to hurt it at all.

I don’t think there could have been a better tea for pairing with a strong soup on a cold day.
Well, cold by NC standards. It was in the forties! Ha ha!

Thank you, Martin! It really was the perfect tea for lunch!

Martin Bednář

Happy to read that you liked it! It’s one of my favourites and I thought it will be a nice cuppa in colder days. I find it quite pumpkiny too; tohugh I never had a pumpkin pie before.

White Antlers

Ah! ashmanra Thanks for the reminder that it’s the little things that make our time on Earth so good. <3

DrowningMySorrows

Tea by the fire on a cold day sounds amazing. I grew up with wood heat and I miss it sometimes. It seems to warm you up faster than other types of heater. I don’t miss cutting and stacking the wood, though!

ashmanra

DrowningMySorrows: I have split (a little) and stacked (a lot) of wood in the 26 years we have lived here and used the Buck Stove, but I am VERY FORTUNATE that my husband actually enjoys cutting and splitting the wood! We rarely buy it and mostly burn found and foraged wood. The last hurricane took down an oak at a relative’s house that will keep us warm for the next two years.

By the time my students arrived at 2 pm, it was 75F in the hallway, far from the fire. Way too hot for me! But my husband was delighted when he got home from work and he could warm up by it! You are right, it really does warm a body up better than a heat pump!

The fireplace is in a room that used to be the kitchen/den but is now the kitchen/dining, so I often cook in a tank top and shorts in winter! Ha ha! It just gets too hot!

DrowningMySorrows

Oooh, I’m jealous of your toasty warm house! The people who built my house used ducts and things that are too small for this size of house so upstairs is freezing all winter (and uncomfortably hot all summer). I’m cold all the time anyway so winter can be a bit rough. I do a lot of baking just so I can hang out next to a hot oven! The cold is also my excuse for buying so much tea all the time.

Sipdown

I liked this. It had all the nice pumpkin spice flavor but with an interesting custard quality. Don’t recall much else because the dog and the baby made things a bit nutso when I tried to drink this.

The first few sips I had of this when it was really hot were absolutely amazing. Pure pumpkin pie. I poured a small amount into a separate cup to try it with some milk, and that was great too. Definitely pumpkin with light spices in there. I brought the rest to work, and for some reason, it didn’t taste special anymore. I did overleaf it since I had a little too much leaf for one cup but not enough for two, so maybe that could lead to some flavor confusion. Yeah it just tasted like many other spiced black teas. The spices became more pronounced as it sat. I did enjoy it, but I guess if I ever have this tea again, it either needs to be very hot or with added milk. It made a decent second steep with plenty of starchiness.

Thanks to tea-sipper for the sample!!