Day 3 of our Advent Tea Swap. From amandastory516.

Oh my goodness, this tea smells amazing. It seems so familiar, but I just can’t place it. The taste is something I know I’ve experienced before, but I cannot figure it out. It’s floral maybe? Reminds me of some of the teas I’ve tried (and loved) from Satori Tea.

I’ll be honest – I was nervous to see what looked like hibiscus in the blend. I like it on its own but not always when it’s blended with other teas. It’s just so tart. I didn’t get any tartness in this cup at all. It was just amazing. Not to mention there were sparkles in the dry blend so that’s a win for me.

Amanda – I love this tea so much. It’s my favorite so far! I’ll be purchasing some for sure. Thanks for introducing me to something new to love!!

EDIT: Just looked this one up and they are peony petals, not hibiscus!

Flavors: Floral

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
amandastory516

Yay! I’m glad you loved it. The Whistling Kettle has some great blends.

Comments

amandastory516

Yay! I’m glad you loved it. The Whistling Kettle has some great blends.

Lifetime student. Lover of books and paper and ink. Kitchen dweller. Aspiring herbalist, excessively proud cat lady, and tea fanatic. Thirty-something elder millennial. She/her.

I love flavored black teas most of all, always with cream and honey. I prefer to sweeten my tea as it seems to bring out the flavor. I enjoy floral and fruity teas, as well as flavored or scented ones. I’m not overly fond of green or white teas, but I’ve found a few that I enjoy.

I’m open to tea swaps and/or just sharing what’s in my tea cabinet! Please reach out if you see something I have that you’d like to try. I do my best to update my cupboard regularly.

It will take me longer than usual to get to the post office while we’re in the midst of this pandemic, but I would still love to send you something next time I’m out and about!

Favorites
Any and all black teas, smoky teas, raspberry, strawberry, red fruits, bergamot, chai spices, floral teas, caramel/toffee, jasmine, rose, vanilla, peaches, plums, valerian root, cinnamon, cardamom

Not a huge fan
Lime, white teas, green teas, artificial sweeteners, sarsaparilla, licorice, lemongrass, lavender, hot hibiscus, hibiscus in black tea blends

Rating Scale

1-20: By far, one of the worst teas I’ve tasted. I most certainly will not finish my cup and will likely “gift” the rest to my sweet husband, James, who almost always enjoys the teas I dislike (and vice versa).

21-49: This tea is not good but if I mix it with another tea or find another steeping method I might be able to finish it.

50-70: This one is just okay. I might drink it again if someone were to give it to me, but I probably won’t be buying more for myself.

71-79: This is a consistently good tea. It’s reliable but not necessarily special.

80-90: This one is a notch above the rest and I would gladly enjoy a cup of it any day of the week. I’ll likely be keeping this in my cupboard, but it isn’t one of my all-time favorites.

91-95: One small change and this tea would be perfect. I’ll definitely have a stash of this in my kitchen if you come over for tea.

96-100: No words can describe this tea. It’s an experience, an aha moment. Closed eyes, wide smile, encompassing warmth. Absolutely incredible. Perfect.

Updated July 2021.