brewed with Brita filtered tap, boiling, grandpa style in a glass. slight thickened texture. I’ve never been able to pick out distinct notes for any shou puer or ripe liu bao I’ve ever tried so I should probably stop being tempted to buy more. I think I remember reading a review of this at some point where the reviewer mentioned it tasted like sucking on bamboo chopsticks so I bought it out of curiosity. I’m slightly disappointed to report that the taste was not that of bamboo chopsticks.

while this site is mostly inactive, the organization and formatting is convenient to add notes without the hassle of making a blog. Yes, people leave reviews elsewhere, but it’s convenient to have them all in one place when you’re deciding whether to purchase. Tastes are subjective, but hobbies tend to be universally expensive and time consuming; tea is no exception. Learning as it relates to perception is largely individual and thus these reviews represent my own experience, but also are my small contribution to reducing inefficient blind buys (ahem, tuition, as it were) universally.

Mainly applies to puer, but is it maybe unfair to review a tea with one tasting? Sure. But I’m not made of money, so if a first impression is bad, then I have little reason to gamble on more.

As of 4/21/21, I will no longer assign numerical ratings to a tea unless it is terrible enough to warrant one. There are a lot of solid teas out there, so it’s hard to differentiate. I prefer reading mildly subjective reviews from others, over a very subjective numerical rating that gets skewed by Steepster’s calculating system anyway.

Not too into 红茶, too light or burnt-roasted oolongs, or gyokuro. Boiling or bust temp. crew, with few exceptions.

USA