drank 2020 Old Reliable by white2tea

Don’t remember the parameters I used, probably 8g to 100 mL, but I didn’t take specific notes because I only went through a few infusions and was not impressed (disclaimer: I don’t drink a ton of shou and personally lean towards lighter profiles). Classic shou profile, the only thing I remember is a distinctly herbal note at some point. Would not repurchase.

while this site is mostly inactive, the organization and formatting is convenient to add notes without the hassle of making a blog. Yes, people leave reviews elsewhere, but it’s convenient to have them all in one place when you’re deciding whether to purchase. Tastes are subjective, but hobbies tend to be universally expensive and time consuming; tea is no exception. Learning as it relates to perception is largely individual and thus these reviews represent my own experience, but also are my small contribution to reducing inefficient blind buys (ahem, tuition, as it were) universally.

As of 4/21/21, I will no longer assign numerical ratings to a tea unless it is terrible enough to warrant one. There are a lot of solid teas out there, so it’s hard to differentiate. I prefer reading mildly subjective reviews from others, over a very subjective numerical rating that gets skewed by Steepster’s calculating system anyway.

Not too into 红茶, too light or burnt-roasted oolongs, or gyokuro.

USA