I had the last bit of this tea today and decided to do a farewell review. After playing around with the brewing parameters, I went back to Verdant’s gongfu guidelines and this time, combined the infusions before drinking. The combined short infusions really brought out the tea’s flavor. Thick mouthfeel, sweet and juicy florals. It’s also best to let this tea cool a bit before drinking. That floral notes really came through once it cools to room temperature.

Flavors: Floral, Honeysuckle, Lychee, Orchid, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 88 ML
Equusfell

I agree with everything you did and said here! That is the way to drink this tea for maximum loveliness :)

LuckyMe

Yup, I followed your suggestion last time to combine the infusions and it sure made a difference. Tried it for other teas and I found I like it better that way.

Comments

Equusfell

LuckyMe

My Rating Criteria:

95 to 100: Top shelf stuff. Loved this tea and highly recommend it

90 to 94: Excellent. Enjoyed this tea and would likely repurchase

80 to 89: Good but not great. I liked it though it may be lacking in some aspects. I’ll finish it but probably won’t buy again

70 to 79: Average at best. Not terrible but wouldn’t willingly drink again

60 to 69: Sub-par. Low quality tea, barely palatable

59 and below: Bleh

Fell into tea years ago, and for a long time my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a few years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

With the exception of a handful of lightly scented teas, I drink mostly straight tea. I love fresh green and floral flavors and as such, green tea and Taiwanese oolongs will always have a place in my cupboard. After avoiding black tea forever, Chinese blacks are beginning to grow on me. I’ve dipped my toe into a few puerhs now but it’s still relatively new territory for me. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes but reach for them less frequently.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking, reading, nature, MMA, traveling when I can, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/melucky