Yay, first fresh green of the year. Thick, sweet, smooth and round. My smart-ass boss asked what the phluck I was drinking (grandpa in a glass cup). I think he said something about seaweed. My work partner-in-crime said it looked like an anemone in the cup. For all the marine references, it’s amusing in a tea snoot way that I think this tastes like fresh, sweet scallops. Maybe I’m not crazy? I felt so crazy this morning, though, that I left work 2 hours in. Turns out the vaccine is kicking my ass 2 days later. Shame I’m glued to the bed with fatigue and aching arms and legs – it’s a beautiful day and the garden needs working.

Mastress Alita

Woah, a fresh tea?! (Can’t remember the last time she had one…)

Mastress Alita

Also, I oddly didn’t get the “vaccine fatigue” until 5 days after!

Martin Bednář

Get better soon :) !

ashmanra

Oh dear! Feel better quickly! I get shot 2 tomorrow.

Daylon R Thomas

2nd dose kicked my butt too.

Kawaii433

Feel better soon! I got my second about 12 days ago. I had a slight rash but it could’ve just been the new detergent we’re using. hugs

Leafhopper

I hope you’re feeling better! I can’t wait to get my first dose of the vaccine, regardless of the side effects.

derk

All’s well. Hoping the worst of it came with the first shot. What is Ontario’s vaccination plan?

Leafhopper

I think the U.S. is way ahead of us. We’re vaccinating everyone over 70 years old with the Pfizer and Moderna shots at mass immunization clinics, and offering the AstraZeneca vaccine to everyone over 40 (though there are supply issues). I’ll have to wait my turn until they start vaccinating younger people.

Leafhopper

Also, I’m glad you’re feeling better! :)

Comments

Mastress Alita

Woah, a fresh tea?! (Can’t remember the last time she had one…)

Mastress Alita

Also, I oddly didn’t get the “vaccine fatigue” until 5 days after!

Martin Bednář

Get better soon :) !

ashmanra

Oh dear! Feel better quickly! I get shot 2 tomorrow.

Daylon R Thomas

2nd dose kicked my butt too.

Kawaii433

derk

Leafhopper

Also, I’m glad you’re feeling better! :)

If you’re an aspiring or current tea grower, let’s talk! I am slowly beginning a tea farm here in Northern California. Currently growing are young plants pulled from the ground and gifted to me after a visit to Fairhope Tea Plantation in Alabama. The parent plants are sinensis variety from a defunct Lipton research project. I’ve also started seeds from Camellia Forest Nursery in North Carolina. The types include Camellia taliensis, an assamica variety, and 3 sinensis varieties including “Small leaf” “Large leaf” and “Black Sea.” I also picked up 2 older plants from a a local nursery. They were grown from seed supposedly acquired from a tea farm in Washington. To learn how to process tea into different styles, I plan on traveling to China and Taiwan if/when COVID becomes a relative non-issue. I’m taking Mandarin classes to aid in this journey.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came, following a lone tin of some Tie Guan Yin oolong many years prior, in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most.

Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently. Drink a variety of teabags at work. Herbal teas/tisanes provide balance. Unfiltered tap water heathen (it’s good here).

One thing I will always love is riding a bicycle.

Sonoma County, California, USA