captain’s backlog teadate 27-may-2020

via ashmanra. much thanks :)

A mellowing, very natural feeling tea. Aroma of bitter white florals that are very perfume-like and incense along the line of myrrh transfer into the mouth and meet with hay-dry grass and floral-incensey bitterness, hints of leather. Smooth and savory. As steeps progress, buttery caramel begins to appear in taste and mouthfeel. Light oats and unripe apricot also come out. Slight tangy and mineral finish with some mouthwatering precedes a short unripe apricot aftertaste. Huigan arrives late but isn’t shy, followed by menthol and camphor. I’m digging this one. I never felt like this tea fell off quickly and it changed ever so slightly with each infusion.

Flavors: Bitter, Butterscotch, Camphor, Caramel, Dry Grass, Floral, Hay, Leather, Menthol, Mineral, Nuts, Oats, Peach, Perfume, Smooth, Sweet, Tangy

Boiling 6 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

Glad you liked it!

Natethesnake

I have not heard of this vendor. I’ve also wanted to try an aged Kunlu. I’d really like to try a Young Kunlu gushu as well but I hear it’s so expensive vendors won’t touch it. I see they have a 2013 GFZ as well. May have to make an order. Thanks.

ashmanra

Natethesnake: I have tried a number of their teas and enjoyed them! I hope you find a treasure!

Comments

ashmanra

Glad you liked it!

Natethesnake

ashmanra

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA