drank Blueberrie-zzz by 52teas

With 630-some tasting notes logged on Steepster over almost 2 years, I can say drinking tea provides me a time for daily meditation and brings me immense pleasure. I drink a decent amount of teabags when lazy or pressed for time and don’t mind if they have added flavorings. If I’m going for loose tea, though, it’s always straight and generally unflavored.

Steepster has, through trades with other members, introduced me to some delicious flavored loose teas I would have never picked up on my accord. Dots and Loops, Butterscotch Potion and Banoffee Rum-ba come to mind. tea-sipper sent Blueberie-zzz my way a few months ago.

For some reason, I’ve retained a vivid memory of one afternoon in kindergarten daycare. It resurfaces a few times per year unprovoked. This takes me back to that day, playing with a blueberry-scented Strawberry Shortcake doll. The aroma of Blueberrie-zzz combines that day with another memory of those candy necklaces on elastic string I’d buy at the Speedway gas station on my walk home from elementary school.

The blueberry and lavender linger long in my mouth and heart. The experience makes me feel things. Perhaps it’s a longing for innocence. I could become addicted to this.

Addendum: 5 grams gave 2 full-flavored steeps

Flavors: Apple, Blueberry, Candy, Drying, Earth, Floral, Fruity, Lavender, Lemon, Mineral, Straw, Tangy

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Martin Bednář

How wonderful memories of kindergarten and elementary school. I remember from kindergarten only few, not very “nice”, days and from elementary school I remember only few days too.

Some smells and aromas can bring back memories for sure though, like… I don’t know what tea it was, but remembered me sauna in Finland. 3 years it will be in September. Time flies. Too fast!

tea-sipper

Glad you love it! :D This one is a LITTLE like Peachy Keen from 52Teas that I go on and on endlessly about… which now that I think about it, I probably mentioned that in a tasting note somewhere.

ashmanra

Oh, candy necklaces! I should buy one! Ha ha!

I didn’t go to kindergarten…when I was that age the only ones here were private as the public schools didn’t have them yet, but I loved school.

Have you read the Fairacre book series by Miss Read? That is my dream school. If I could be a teacher there I would be so happy. If I could have been a student there… ah bliss. Her descriptions of the rural English village and her details about nature through the year sound so heavenly,

derk

Kindergarten was the only private schooling I had. Never heard of the Fairacre series. Is it children’s or YA? I could use an easy read to break up the electrical wiring book I’m slowly working my way through.

gmathis

I’m not sure the Miss Read books were intended to be for children, although I remember reading some in grade school. Just sweet, gentle stories about the sleepy little village. Comfort reading with the same stress-reducing effect as (insert your favorite childhood read here). I have one in the to-read pile, and as ashmanra has now mentioned it to me twice, I’m going to have to pull it up to the top!

Comments

Martin Bednář

tea-sipper

ashmanra

Oh, candy necklaces! I should buy one! Ha ha!

derk

gmathis

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA