Pretty sure this is the last of my Jinggu teas.

The dry leaf is mesmerizing and shimmery. First several steeps are 1-dimensional drying straw taste with low-sitting, tongue-numbing bitterness and a cooling, metallic finish. Pleasant, quick aftertaste that’s changing from fruity to milk and pure cinnamon. Light-bodied. Later it becomes mostly floral resinous-bitter, dry grass-brass metallic, with a woody undertone and milky-butter minty-cooling finish. Aftertaste of unripe floral apricot followed by a sugarcane returning sweetness and mild spiciness in the throat. Relaxing from the first steep with no floral-induced headache. It was the perfect after dark brew while listening to Herbie Hancock’s Maiden Voyage. Understated in flavor but simply a pleasant tea that I’d like to try again further down the line. Parts of it reminded me of White2Tea’s four am.

Thanks for sharing, Togo :)

Song pairing: Herbie Hancock — Little One

Flavors: Apricot, Bitter, Butter, Cinnamon, Dry Grass, Drying, Floral, Metallic, Milk, Mint, Resin, Spicy, Straw, Sugarcane, Wood