This CTC teabag gives a flat delivery of chocolate and a leather saddle sat next to a fire to dry. Mellow malt and a hint of toffee, some bitterness but good. I brewed this in a styrofoam cup and the tea scum that bubbled up was kind of off-putting. Basic malty aroma but it wasn’t the main flavor.

Martin sent 2 bags. I drank one at breakfast and one at lunch. By my benchmark, that means it was decent. Still, I’d seek other breakfast teabags if I needed some.

Flavors: Bitter, Campfire, Chocolate, Leather, Malt, Toffee

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Martin Bednář

Yeah, I know, it is okay. But I have some “weight left”, so I picked those, as I know it’s fresh tea. But certainly there are betteres English Breakfast blends and certainly I would not call it “supreme”.

Comments

Martin Bednář

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA