drank Reishi Matcha by Choice Organic Teas

Today is warm and sunny! I’m celebrating by drinking bagged green teas, haha!

First time I tried this, I followed the directions and it tasted like burnt dirt. Steeping matcha and sencha for 5 to 8 minutes with water initially boiling does nobody any favors!

This time, I steeped at 175F for 3 minutes. You see my “38” rating for this tea? I assigned it after drinking burnt dirt. Three minutes today produced a brew with the color and opacity of 38. On my screen I see a putrid yellow-brown. 38 reminds me of things only babies are capable of producing. Now think about looking down into a cupful of 38. Do you want to drink 38? Do you?

I do not. But I did. It is still gross. Tolerable at lower temperature and less time but it’s still 38. Maybe even lower but somewhere still in that color-rating span.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Burnt, Dirt, Earth, Marine, Straw, Thick

tea-sipper

Nothing says YUM like burnt dirt.

Kawaii433

lol tea-sipper… No kidding. Ick.

Leafhopper

This tea might not have been very good, but your review was excellent!

derk

I dropped the rest of this box in the break room tea stash. I am cruel, haha!

Mastress Alita

The only thing that could’ve been worse than living it in the breakroom tea stash would be writing “SEVEN DAYS” in an ominous font across the front of the box.

derk

I think perhaps that went over my head, Mastress Alita.

Mastress Alita

Reference to Japanese (and American remade) horror movie Ringu/The Ring. Watching a “cursed” VHS tape gives the person 7 days to live (unless they “pass it on” by giving the tape to someone else, who watches it)

derk

I’ve seen both but am terrible with movie references.

Comments

tea-sipper

Nothing says YUM like burnt dirt.

Kawaii433

lol tea-sipper… No kidding. Ick.

Leafhopper

This tea might not have been very good, but your review was excellent!

derk

I dropped the rest of this box in the break room tea stash. I am cruel, haha!

derk

I think perhaps that went over my head, Mastress Alita.

derk

I’ve seen both but am terrible with movie references.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA