The antidote to today’s reuben sandwich.

I have this thing with peppermint where I found that I like dried loose-leaf prepared best when steeped at 175F for only a minute or two. But I went ahead and followed package directions for this teabag: boiling, covered, 10-15 minutes. As soon as I poured water over the bag, the brew turned a pretty green. When I took the lid off 15 minutes later, it was brown. I feared for muddy peppermint.

Instead, it was good, clean fun :) Can’t go wrong with that.

As far as peppermint teabags go, I still prefer Two Leaves and a Bud brand because it’s serious menthol. I can never find it in stores here, though. Since Traditional Medicinals is located just down the road, I’ll be supporting them even if they do source their leaf from afar. Sprouts was out of stock of this today so I get to compare Celestial Seasonings next.

Flavors: Peppermint, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML
gmathis

Spearmint is great for that menthol vibe as well, but you don’t see it nearly as often.

Comments

gmathis

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA