Kitchen clean-out. This caffeine-free herbal tea hails from Missoula, MT, a region of the US that I really enjoy. I once wrote a real-life characterization about White2Tea’s Old Bear Fangcha — not too terribly far from Missoula, outside Bozeman, is where my Old Bear taught me how to shoot clay pigeons. Apparently we wandered off US Forest Service land onto a cow ranchers’s property to find a good spot to shoot pigeons. The rancher was so chill about it. Add a group of friends, plenty of whisky, wood chopping, fire-cooked meals and a handful of growlers full of Bozone. Geez.

Yeah, this tea comes from Missoula and it’s called Mountain Huckleberry. As a previous reviewer mentioned, there ain’t no damn huckleberry in this tea. So kinda miffed about that but overall it’s an excellent blend of hibiscus, cinnamon, lemongrass, rosehips, blackberry and raspberry leaf, clove and licorice root and the ever-mysterious ‘extract.’ The brew isn’t magenta, it’s actually rather beautiful in this glass teapot (4 bags to a liter). Taste is a mix of rosehip-light hibiscus, berry and some nice tempering going on with the cinnamon and cloves. No noticeable sweetness from the licorice root. The body is mostly reminiscent of a rosehip tea. Chuggable.

Overall, I’ll be sad when we sip down this lone remaining bag but the tea’s not so great that I’d seek it out again. Unless I find myself in Missoula.

Boiling 8 min or more 34 OZ / 1000 ML

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle