I remember Todd’s reaction when he sampled this tea at the SF Tea Fest, so when I came across the Nepali Golden Black at the co-op, I bought a modest sample.

Sweet and smooth with a predominant honey aroma and taste and some underlying cocoa. There are also hints of graham and brown sugar in the aroma. Some returning sweetness presents.

Does well western with leaf amount as low as 2 grams and as high as 4 if you want a thicker, coating brew. With less leaf, I steep for the recommended 3.5 minutes and with more, 3 minutes. Good for a second, longer steep and a third if you like to push it.

Nepali Golden Black is a simple and easy-drinking yet satisfying tea. Good stuff and making me question whether I really have an aversion to honey flavors.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 4 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Todd

I’m glad you like it! I will definitely be restocking this one when I run out. I get three steeps out of it too.

derk

It is a very nice tea. I’ll never forget seeing you sip it. A look of quiet satisfaction and joy while you savored it. Your reaction reminded me of one of my good friends (Visigoth here on Steepster, but he doesn’t review) :)

Todd

LOL, great description! I do tend to show things plainly on my face.

Comments

Todd

derk

Todd

LOL, great description! I do tend to show things plainly on my face.

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA