Here’s another tea/reason why I’ll miss Stacy’s amazing work at Butiki- like I needed one more. I wish I could bottle up the creamy sweet citrus aroma and keep it with me forever, but then I couldn’t drink it and appreciate it in all of it’s mouth puckering glory.. there’s no winning here, eh? At least an ounce seems to go a long way- it even has a decent second steep in it.

I’ve never had grapefruit creme brulee, and now I’ll be disappointed if it isn’t as tasty as this. Definitely one of my favourites out of the last wave of new teas I picked up!

Flavors: Bergamot, Burnt Sugar, Grapefruit, Malt

Missed out on this one but I’m glad it sounds tasty :) her grapefruit was always yum!

Maddy Barone

I really wish I would have come to Steepster soon and found Butiki before they went out of business.

CrowKettle

I’m particularly going to miss her grapefruit and white tea blends. It was good times for tea, but now I have incentive to explore again. :)

Comments

-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grassy, Marine, Vegetal, or Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine, etc.
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada