Stone Sparrow

Oolong Tea
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more 16 oz / 473 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Sipdown! (2 | 279) Grandpa-style tea of the day! This was a swap sample from an Instagram tea friend. Very enjoyable! I admit, I have little experience with yancha, so I don’t really have a good...” Read full tasting note

From white2tea

Stone Sparrow is an oolong tea from the Fujian province of China.

This yancha [rock tea] is made from the Que She varietal. A savory thick roast lays atop woody fragrances and brighter red fruit and honey. An enjoyable tea from a varietal that is underrepresented in the Western market.

About white2tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Sipdown! (2 | 279)

Very enjoyable! I admit, I have little experience with yancha, so I don’t really have a good palate for it. But I found this to be quite pleasant – smooth, woody, and roasty with a sparkling minerality and a floral uptick at the end of the sip, and a delicate fruitiness. I see the description mentions red fruits, I’m not sure I can identify that specifically. There is definitely a tartness to it that could be strawberry or red currant, or perhaps an underripe stonefruit. But it’s quite subtle to my palate.

Anyway, tasty! And took very well to grandpa-style, even though I forgot about it a couple of times.

Flavors: Apricot, Floral, Fruity, Mineral, Roasted, Smooth, Spring Water, Stonefruit, Sweet, Tart, Wood

160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML