The Great Earl Grey Beauty

Bergamot, Citrus, Earth, Fruity, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Adventaggedon Day 25: Bonus Tea! There’s always one advent that goes above and adds in a 25th day. I probably would be more enthusiastic except that it’s just awkward when 7/8 are wrapped up and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Kiani Tea Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 25 Merry Christmas tea friends! Here we have Kiani overachieving with a tea for Christmas day. I thought there had been an Earl Grey earlier in this advent, but...” Read full tasting note

From Kiani Tea

From the Kiani Tea 2021 Christmas Calendar – Earl Grey with luster dust

About Kiani Tea View company

Adventaggedon Day 25: Bonus Tea!

There’s always one advent that goes above and adds in a 25th day. I probably would be more enthusiastic except that it’s just awkward when 7/8 are wrapped up and then you have that one loose end. I steeped it up though and we are now officially officially done with advents for the year!

A shocker to no one; this is a glitter tea. I completely expected as much though because if you’re gonna use as much glitter in the advent as we’ve already experienced then of course there’s glitter on the final day. It’s a no brainer.

The EG itself is fine. I feel like the bergamot is a nice quality and as a nice level as well. Not as mild as I would personally prefer it to be but also not too intense to make the cup unpleasant for me. In an advent of mostly straight teas it does feel weird to be finishing with something flavoured but I guess the idea is that Earl Grey is a nice classic – especially for North American and UK based tea drinkers. If I was back home with family this Christmas I could very easily picture this being the kind of tea you steep up early in the morning while cozy in PJs unwrapping presents. So in that way, yeah it’s a pretty perfect pick.

Merry Christmas to all on Steepster who choose to celebrate it! And regardless of what you’re celebrating, may everyone have a safe and happy rest of 2021!

derk

Merry Christmas :)

Evol Ving Ness

Happy Christmas to you, Ms.Strange.

Kiani Tea Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 25

Merry Christmas tea friends!

Here we have Kiani overachieving with a tea for Christmas day. I thought there had been an Earl Grey earlier in this advent, but I seem to be mistaken. I must be confusing it with the ones from the Fortnum calendar or something…

Anyway! This is glittery, big surprise. Otherwise it’s a tasty Earl, and the bergamot is strong but not overwhelming. It doesn’t taste like perfume, and actually there’s an interesting sweet, fruity note to it. The base tea seems unremarkable, as I can’t taste much of it behind the bergamot. It’s a touch earthy and very smooth, but not much else.

An interesting choice to end the calendar with, I would have maybe chosen the icy blue tea since it was a bit different from the rest? But all in all, enjoyable.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Earth, Fruity, Smooth, Sweet

Evol Ving Ness

Maybe we can suggest offering their advent calendar with or with glitter.