Panettone Cake

Black Fruit Blend
Alcohol, Citrus, Earth, Lemon, Orange, Raisins, Smooth, Wood
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Sipdown! (14 | 14) So I was shocked when I opened this pouch and it really did smell like panettone – sweet with raisin and citrus and a richness from the vanilla. However, it doesn’t really...” Read full tasting note
  • “Excited about this tea – it sounded like a great flavour combination! And I think it is, but I the flavour was much weaker than what I was hoping for. I’ll try steeping differently next time,...” Read full tasting note

From Dessert by Deb

What blends warm and cozy with traditional charm AND sparkles like a precious dessert jewel? Panettone cake! Studded and bursting with citron peel, raisins, and a splash of vanilla, this black blend captures the scrumptious essence of the show-stopping holiday dessert classic that would make any breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or dinner table sing as its centerpiece!

Certified Organic Ingredients: Black Tea, Orange Peel, Lemon Peel, Vanilla, Raisins, Calendula Petals

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 4-6 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

Sipdown! (14 | 14)

However, it doesn’t really translate to the steeped tea, which is sort of a bit bland? I do taste hints of all those things – raisin, orange and lemon, a woody boozy note from the vanilla. But it’s all very subtle and the earthy/woody base takes over a bit. I will say this base tea is very smooth, which I appreciate after not liking some of the other black teas with a more tannic base. Also, there’s no sugar here which is always a plus.

Flavors: Alcohol, Citrus, Earth, Lemon, Orange, Raisins, Smooth, Wood

Excited about this tea – it sounded like a great flavour combination! And I think it is, but I the flavour was much weaker than what I was hoping for. I’ll try steeping differently next time, possibly with more tea? I probably used about the recommended amount, though.

Flavour is just very lightly lemony/raisin on a moderate black base.