Tiramisu Trifle

Rooibos Tea
Alcohol, Caramel, Coffee, Sweet, Wood, Chocolate, Coconut, Earth, Rooibos
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Sipdown! (36 | 109) So happy to be getting through some of these Deb teas! I have so many that I haven’t even opened yet, and it’s nice to try them and figure out which ones I love. This one is...” Read full tasting note
  • “2021 sipdown no. 14 (another share from Cameron) :) Tiramisu is one of those desserts that I’ve perfected making, so I was so hopeful for this tea, but sadly it did not deliver. The taste was...” Read full tasting note
  • “I thought steeping this for longer would bring out the other notes – coconut, chocolate, and coffee – however, it just made the red rooibos more improvement. I like this tea, but it is definitely...” Read full tasting note
  • “Latte Sipdown (291) This was always alright as a plain tea and while coffee teas always go awry for me as lattes, I wanted to give this a try. It’s actually pretty good. I always worried about the...” Read full tasting note

From Dessert by Deb

Cocoa, coffee, and cream, oh my! Oh yes my loves, tea and coffee have collided in this luscious rooibos dessert tea blend for one creamy, cocoa-y light as air classic! A feast for the eyes, nose, and tastebuds, it is layer after layer of yumminess. Fragrant espresso beans mingle with warm vanilla, maple “ladyfinger” crumbles, coconut, and a dusting of cocoa powder that will have you coming back for seconds.

Certified organic ingredients: Fair Trade Rooibos, Vanilla, Espresso Beans, Canadian Maple, Toasted Coconut, Coconut, Cacao Nibs, Cocoa Powder

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 4-6 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

Sipdown! (36 | 109)

This one is fairly good. I wouldn’t call it tiramisu, because to me the cream and chocolate are both largely missing. But I still enjoy it as a mild coffee rooibos. It’s not too sweet and the coffee goes well with the woody and caramel notes from the base. There’s a hint of booziness to it as well.

I like it! But I already have a coffee rooibos that I love (Fairytale of NY from B&B), so likely not a reorder for me.

Flavors: Alcohol, Caramel, Coffee, Sweet, Wood

gmathis

Ooh! I’ve never had a coffee/rooibos blend, but it sounds delicious. I like rooibos best with ice-creamy flavors (rather than mint/spice/fruit), and I think coffee would qualify.

gmathis

P.S. Did you weather the weather OK?

Cameron B.

The B&B blend is an Irish Cream rooibos so it has some creaminess as well!

We were lucky and didn’t lose power but were without running water for a few days. I’ve never been as happy to take a shower as I was yesterday ha ha!

Silent Kettle

Ou! I agree with you. I love the idea of a tiramisu tea; however, I think this needed more coffee and chocolate flavour to make it more well-rounded.

Cameron B.

Mine was fine on the coffee, but missing the chocolate and cream!

gmathis

Back in 2006, we had a severe ice storm that left us unelectrified for 8 days…9, maybe? (It’s kind of like your parents’ stories about walking to school uphill both was and gets worse every time I tell it). At any rate, I was never so bone-cold in my entire life. Glad you’re back in biz!

Cameron B.

I lived in Missouri during that ice storm!

gmathis

Ah! Somebody else remembers! Validation!

2021 sipdown no. 14 (another share from Cameron) :)

The taste was mostly just coffee, which I do enjoy, but not tiramisu. If I really stretched, I would say there was some creaminess, but only because I was looking for it. It was enjoyable as a coffee tea, but not a tiramisu trifle.

Nonetheless, I’m thrilled to have been able to try it! Thanks Cameron!

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

I thought steeping this for longer would bring out the other notes – coconut, chocolate, and coffee – however, it just made the red rooibos more improvement. I like this tea, but it is definitely not my favourite. Still glad I got to try it! :) I wonder if this would have been better with a different tea base?

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Coffee, Earth, Rooibos

Cameron B.

I’ve ordered this one so it’ll be interesting to try. I will say I have another coffee rooibos blend from B&B, and the rooibos goes quite well with it there. It will be interesting to compare!

Silent Kettle

Aw! :) I really hope you enjoy this one, Cameron! It smells lovely and looks beautiful! The taste left me wanting more, however. Ou! I will have to give the one from B&B a try! :D

Cameron B.

It’s a holiday blend called Fairytale of NY, and it’s an Irish coffee-flavored rooibos. So coffee and creamy goodness!

Silent Kettle

Thank you so much for letting me know! I will definitely check it out! :)

Latte Sipdown (291)

This was always alright as a plain tea and while coffee teas always go awry for me as lattes, I wanted to give this a try. It’s actually pretty good. I always worried about the rooibos base because that seems to be what causes issues, but as a plain tea the rooibos wasn’t problematic and same goes for the latte. This is a lot of mocha flavor but with vanilla notes as well. The sweetness of the maple comes through nicely without being overly maple. I think as a latte this actually captures tiramisu well and I regret not making it this way from the start. It’s a great goodbye though and I’ll be upping the rating from 61 slightly.