Mango Matcha

Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA
150 °F / 65 °C 8 oz / 236 ml

From DAVIDsTEA

How it tastes
Sweet, tropical and refreshing, with a touch of fruity mango

Elevate your matcha ritual. Made with a base of finely ground energizing green tea powder, pure cane sugar and juicy mango, this natural-flavoured matcha is a refreshing way to treat yourself while sipping the whole leaf benefits of green tea. Froth with milk for a green tea latte, blend with yogurt and ice for a matcha mango lassi, or add to your next smoothie for the perfect post-workout snack.

Cane sugar, Matcha green tea, Natural mango flavouring with annatto extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Another advent sampler (only three more left!) which I put into a breakfast smoothie. Full tablespoon sample whisked in plain cold oat milk and sampled prior to adding strawberries and yogurt to the smoothie.

Like their other fruit matchas, I found the sweetness in this slightly distracting. I could tell it was mango, though something about it was reading very stonefruit (apricot/peach) to me. Like, a tropical version of a peach? Ya. (Wait, do mangos just taste like tropical peaches to me? silent O mouth ) I wasn’t able to taste the actual matcha under the flavoring this time around, either.

It was fine, but I don’t think I’d rank it as a favorite amongst the fruity flavors. Much like the Peach Matcha, I actually liked it better in smoothie form, since the real fruit adds that missing tart element and toning down some of the candy-like qualities; it tasted very nice against the blended strawberries, where I could taste both flavors quite distinctly and they complimented each other nicely in the smoothie.

Flavors: Candy, Mango, Stonefruit, Sweet, Tropical

Iced 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

DavidsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar 2020 – Day 20

Morning matcha earlier today – this one smelled yummy right out of the package! Very fresh mango scent! I pictured mango and matcha going well together, so was looking forward to it.

Prepared in the usual method, 175 degree water, whisk, top up with hot water, drink. It lived up to my expectations :) very tropical, sunny matcha flavor pairing nicely with the faint grassiness of the matcha. The little bit of bitterness from the matcha also fit right in here, as it was like eating the piece of mango near the pit! Very natural tasting, not too much artificial sweetness, very enjoyable!

DAVIDsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 20

Wow, I can’t believe it’s Christmas week already! It seems like December has gone by so quickly this year… Not that I’m complaining, I have 3-day work weeks this week and next week! And the week after that I have off because my mom is coming to visit! :D

This sounds like a yummy matcha flavor, I prepared it as an iced latte because I was thinking something along the lines of mango lassi. Unfortunately this matcha seems rather light on flavor, so this was probably a bad idea. I can taste a little bit of mango, and it’s definitely more candylike than authentic. I will say the milk cuts the sweetness well, which is always a plus for these pre-sweetened mixes. The matcha here is fairly light as well, just a little creamy vegetal flavor that reminds me of green tea Pocky. So not bad, but underwhelming with this preparation. I also don’t love the artificial-tasting mango.

3, 2, 1… Let’s jam! Today it’s Apricot-Lavender Spread, which sounds highly interesting to me. I adore apricot jam so any twist on it is always fun to try. I actually quite like this one, the lavender translates more as a citrus than a floral here. So it’s a bit like apricot with grapefruit and just a hint of floral lavender. Very good! I’m really enjoying the extra zinginess and the small amount of lavender taste is a nice addition.

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJBt5wqA7_Q/)

Flavors: Artificial, Candy, Grass, Mango, Sweet, Vegetal

Courtney

Yay for your mom coming to visit and for having time off work! So many things to look forward to!

gmathis

Same thought crossed my mind in a different flavor: Didn’t we JUST put that tree up?? So glad you get to love on your mom! Enjoy your time.

tea-sipper

The cookies you made! adorable. I hope you have a lovely time away from work.

Cameron B.

Aw thank you. I should’ve made a double recipe though! (facepalm)

I attempted Dalgona Matcha again. Last time I made it with an egg white and that required making a simple syrup to “cook” the egg white enough that it would be safer to consume. Unfortunately, it also had the added effect of making the drink very sweet.

On the DAVIDsTEA facebook group, someone shared a recipe that incorporated 1 perfect spoon each of matcha, sugar and warm water and then 1/4 cup of whipping cream so I gave that a try and it is much better than the egg white alternative. It’s obviously still sweet and milkshake-like but not offensively so this time. Actually, less milkshake and more milky-mango drink…but artificial mango flavor. I am making it sound bad and it’s not. Most successful dalgona matcha yet.

LuckyMe

I’ve been looking for a Dalgona matcha receipe that doesn’t involve egg. Will have to give this whipping cream method a try.

Just received my order of some of the newly released DavidsTea collection. I know mango matcha is being brought back, but I’m not sure if it’s the same blend as when it was first released. This one is okay. It smells like an overripe mango, which I like. I wish it tasted that way. It’s more of a mango candy (kind of like a mango Hi-Chew), rather than a fresh mango. Definitely not bad, but not something I need to repurchase.

Roswell Strange

Same blend! :)

I’ll start by saying that I’ve never enjoyed matcha and wasn’t ever really planning on giving it another chance. And even in this case I’m not yet willing to try it by its self, even as a latte. HOWEVER, I can’t say no to mango so I picked some of this up to throw in smoothies and while I’m not at the point of adding enough to really taste it, it doesn’t ruin the flavour and it adds an awesome caffeine kick to a morning smoothie. I’m even contemplating trying it by its self (though I might have to pick up some more to do so; it’s going pretty fast).

Long story short, if you really hate matcha, this seems to be a good way to introduce yourself to it, if your determined.

Adventaggedon Day 20 – Tea 5/6

The only tea from my advent rotation today that wasn’t spiced, and for that I appreciated it greatly. If I had been smart, I would have had it in the middle of the day in between all of the other advents – but I didn’t do that, and instead made it as my first advent tea today.

This is not my favourite matcha from DT, but I don’t mind it. I described it once to someone as a matcha that I like in small quantities with large time gaps inbetween mugs of it. I just feel like the mango flavour could be a bit juicier/sweeter – as it stands it’s almost that pine-y/turpentine(ish) mango flavour, and I think the umami of the matcha only exaggerates that quality. Also, and this is just a weird personal brain connection thing, but sometimes this matcha tastes buttery to me!?

This matcha bowl was good because I’ve not had it in ages and I thought the level of sweetness was perfect as well – but it was sort of doing that buttery thing and that did slightly tinge my impression of it today.

Advent Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJCZpVTAt6i/

Dry leaf: Very ripe mango with a slight vegetal note.

Liqueur: Opaque emerald green.

Flavour: Rich, juicy mango flavor. Nice and sweet, but balanced by the vegetal quality of the matcha.

165 °F / 73 °C 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML