Sugar Glider 2018 Jingmai Dianhong Black Tea

Earth, Peach, Sweet, Yams
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBooksArt

• “1st steep 3 minutes: Enjoying this as my first cup of the morning while I answer work emails and start on my soil lectures! This one is lightly malty and really delicious. It’s reminding me a lot...” Read full tasting note
  • “Solid daily drinker is right! I am not a fan of black tea but Sugar Glider might make me a convert! Sweet and bright, this tea stands up to repeated brewings and doesn’t seem to be drastically...” Read full tasting note

From Bitterleaf Teas

Back for 2018, this Dianhong black tea lives up to its name, with a sugar-like sweetness from the first sip. This tea is also very resilient to brewing parameters, making it a solid daily drinker that doesn’t sacrifice on quality.

Made from mixed picking (old and young tree) Jingmai material, this tea was comes from a family that has been producing black tea for many years and demonstrates the results of quality processing.

Please note that larger sizes (100-250g) do not include a tin, but will be packed inside air tubes to prevent breakage.

$0.17-0.25/gram

About Bitterleaf Teas View company

This one is lightly malty and really delicious. It’s reminding me a lot of another tea I can’t put my finger on.

2nd steep 4 minutes, 30 seconds: I steeped this up then got distracted cleaning the bunnies, taking a shower, then doing yoga, but this is still tasty! There’s still a lot of the same flavour from the first steep and it’s great lukewarm haha.

As it cools, there’s definitely some first flush Darjeeling notes here – some hay and the lightest malt.

3rd steep 6 minutes: Still delicious with those hints of Darjeeling. Really enjoyable cuppa, all thanks to Cameron!

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
Cameron B.

That’s a lot of distractions, ha ha! I still need to try this one…

Solid daily drinker is right! I am not a fan of black tea but Sugar Glider might make me a convert! Sweet and bright, this tea stands up to repeated brewings and doesn’t seem to be drastically affected by temperature or steep time (though there’s definitely a sweet spot).

The tin I received was a bit dented, but I am glad to have it as it makes storing this tea easier! Plus the sticker is too cute. When I share, people are always delighted by the design!

Flavors: Earth, Sweet, Yams