This is a good tea to satisfy a wintertime snack craving. It’s snowing today, so naturally, my body wants to go into hibernation mode. This means that I end up jonesing for extra calories, even if I’m not necessarily hungry. So, instead of reaching for chips or stealing my housemate’s peppermint patties (okay, okay, I nicked three of them. What do you want from me? She left them sitting out on the bar!) I decided to make a cup of this.

It worked. I feel a little better now. This tea has light spices, which I appreciate (chai spices can so easily be overdone!) and the pu-erh/ black tea base plays nicely with them, and adds an earthy sweetness that makes for a very satisfying cup.

Plus, aside from the three pilfered mint patties, I have been good diet-wise today, and that feels good. Any tea that helps me feel this way is a friend to me!

Hello! 28, female, American. A total hopeless bookworm— I have a Bachelor’s and a Master’s in English. I also love dogs, all things that are colored purple, and sarcasm. I work in the Information Technology field at present.

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

Favorite tea types: Black, pu’erh, oolong, kombucha, genmaicha, matcha, rooibos, honeybush (recent change of heart there), and floral greens.

Favorite flavor notes: Roasted, fermented, earthy, floral, nutty, bread-y, umami; dessert-inspired flavors like chocolate, vanilla, and maple.

I’m very picky about chai and spice/ spicy blends as well as fruit-flavored teas; they really need to be done right, IMHO. I’m iffy about mate, as well as herbal teas, although there are a few tisanes that I enjoy (roasted dandelion root, chamomile).

Flat-out dislike: White tea, most unflavored green teas, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint.

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.